Ammadien's gl1000 - "8lbs 40 stone" - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ammadien's gl1000 - "8lbs 40 stone"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #11
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:22 PM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus
Default Re: Ammadien's gl1000 - "8lbs 40 stone" - Discussion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonneblktrk View Post
I'm Nate's dad Tom, ya we got the front end and wheel Thursday. Everything looks good. Good packing job. Thanks alot.
awesome, glad to hear ur happy with it. and excited to see what u guys do with the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #12
Ammadien
ZUK ATTaCK

CF Pimp
Ammadien's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:22 PM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 4 Times in 3 Posts
Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 2008 Streetfighter Buildoff - 2nd Place Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Ammadien's gl1000 - "8lbs 40 stone"

Parts came in. The old man gets things sorted faster than I do lol.

modern gl swingarm/busa shock

busa front end

Couple problems/opportunities -

The stock stems are welded into the triples - really? lol so might have to make a new stem, or hopefully some sort of bearing swap will work.

Swinger is 2 inches wider than the frame, 6 inches longer than stock, and the drive shaft is 2 inches longer. So pivot hole relocation will need to happen. Gonna have to make some pieces to weld to the frame. We will see.

Long, low, need to have the horsepower to justify it not being able to turn.

Nate

2010 690SMC pics - SUMO!
2012 Build thread 86 7/11 yammy suspension - Anna Molly
2013 Build GL1000 8lbs 40 stone, Discuss
2015 Winter build KDX - E-Fighter
2015 Winter Build - Discuss
Ammadien is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #13
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

im really digging this. ive been around wings my whole life and this will turnout to be one of the best ones ive seen.

how are you guys gonna go about getting title ?

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #14
Ammadien
ZUK ATTaCK

CF Pimp
Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ammadien is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 2008 Streetfighter Buildoff - 2nd Place Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

The frame is a second frame with title. So we really got a parts barn bike, then bought a frame that had a title.

Before in michigan if the bike was old and worth little then it was super easy to get a new title, but not anymore. Bunch of hoops to jump through.

Nate

2010 690SMC pics - SUMO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #15
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

thats why i keep frames that have good titles

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #16
Ammadien
ZUK ATTaCK

CF Pimp
Default Re: Ammadien's gl1000 - "8lbs 40 stone"

Front end is on. +1 for allsballz racing bearing conversion kits.

Swinger comparison -

Questions for the front end - Can you use a single lock nut with some sweet locktite instead of two lock nuts? Otherwise we would need to mill the lock nuts a little each to make the stem fit - issa wee bit short. Thoughts?

Taking it apart then cutting it's ass off next.

Bolt pattern is weird on the swinger - so custom wheel or stock...meh, unless someone has a slick plan to adapter plate to a 4x100 or the like.

Nate

2010 690SMC pics - SUMO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #17
Apexandy
Noobie
Local Time: 05:22 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Apexandy is a NOOB

Bike's looking good! Just a thought on the rear wheel... the new VFR 1200 wheel is a 5 bolt pattern, not sure about other specifics though.
Apexandy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #18
eatabullet

eatabullet's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 252
Flipped Off 126 Times in 66 Posts
eatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on here

i think you can run one lock nut. thought i read someone else doing that on here. i'll be doing the same unless i get a longer stem machined for my kat/r1 swap.
eatabullet is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #19
Ammadien
ZUK ATTaCK

CF Pimp

Ya I'll throw some locktite on it and check torque/play every so often. If it loosens I can machine the nuts to fit.

Rearwheel is up in the air. Stock gl1800 wheel is a 16(sport tires a concern?!), so seeing if its worth it to buy a custom wheel($$), machine adapter for a popular lug pattern with lots of offsets(complicated?!), or do an adapter for a older duc wheel(possibly complicated/offset issues).

I need to find a blower.

Nate

2010 690SMC pics - SUMO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #20
eatabullet

eatabullet's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 252
Flipped Off 126 Times in 66 Posts
eatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on hereeatabullet spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammadien View Post
I need to find a blower.

Nate
http://lansing.craigslist.org/pts/3414035469.html

bam

:edit: don't know what you need or are looking for in one. or if car supers can swap over, but here's one fer $100
http://lansing.craigslist.org/pts/3427094838.html
eatabullet is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes