Ceiling hoist along with engine stand - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools

Streetfighter Tools Discussion about the tools you use to build and modify your streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ceiling hoist along with engine stand

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
quexpress
Fighter In Training
quexpress's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
quexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Ceiling hoist along with engine stand

After years of lifting motorcycle and car engines/transmissions by hand, or with manual chain blocks, etc., I decided that it was time to give my back a break ... and enjoy working on my bikes.

Note: I now farm out car work and concentrate on bikes. It's a lot more enjoyable!

I decided to install an electric hoist to the ceiling of my garage.

I purchased an I beam from a scrap yard, and then an electric hoist

http://www.harborfreight.com/880-lb-...ist-44006.html

... and also a trolley from Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-ton-p...ley-97392.html

This is what the I-beam with the electric hoist/push trolley looks like on the garage ceiling.

To be continued ...
quexpress is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived quexpress!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
quexpress
Fighter In Training
quexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of lightquexpress is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Ceiling hoist along with engine stand

Now that I'm satisfied with the hoist on the ceiling, I need an engine stand that will permit me to flip the engine upside down, etc (similar to a rotisserie). I also wanted this stand to be easily movable in the garage.

After looking at different possibilities, I opted to purchase a few of these Harbor Freight automobile engine stands.

http://www.harborfreight.com/750-lb-...and-32915.html

I intended on cutting these up to fabricate a solid 4-wheel engine stand. These are the cut up parts, welded and ready to be painted.

Once assembled, combined with the hoist, this made everything much more enjoyable (and safe).

I start by picking up the engine from the floor, etc.

Then it's just a matter of bringing it to the level of my rotisserie stand.

.... and then bolting the engine onto the stand.

I don’t know why I waited all these years to do this.
It makes this so much easier for me.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:28 AM
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 61 Times in 21 Posts
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here
Default Re: Ceiling hoist along with engine stand

Nice setup and for only around $200 total it a nice deal too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
05 zx636- winter build off fighter project
"The Dedication"- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74929
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 94yzf75fighter!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:28 AM
Flip Offs: 321
Flipped Off 209 Times in 127 Posts
Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser

Hell yeah. I wish I could bolt an I beam up to the ceiling in my greenhouse shop. I might have to make a frame with posts in all 4 corners and do something like this. That looks like a HUGE help.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
quexpress
Fighter In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackstand Johnny View Post
That looks like a HUGE help.
It sure is!
I use it often ... not only for my motorcycle items.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
Beef supreme
Fighterer
Beef supreme's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Beef supreme is a glorious beacon of lightBeef supreme is a glorious beacon of lightBeef supreme is a glorious beacon of lightBeef supreme is a glorious beacon of lightBeef supreme is a glorious beacon of lightBeef supreme is a glorious beacon of lightBeef supreme is a glorious beacon of lightBeef supreme is a glorious beacon of lightBeef supreme is a glorious beacon of light

Have you considered opening a shop? haha. That's an awesome setup, having a pulley is a huge help, Just the A-frame and chain pulley I got makes taking the entire front end off a 30 minute ordeal
Beef supreme is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
quexpress
Fighter In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef supreme View Post
Have you considered opening a shop? haha.
Not really LOL!

Quote:
That's an awesome setup, having a pulley is a huge help, Just the A-frame and chain pulley I got makes taking the entire front end off a 30 minute ordeal
I agree!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2013, 04:03 AM   #8
Iplay4keepz
Noobie
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Iplay4keepz is a NOOB

very nice. im in the process of moving right now and this looks like something i might add in the mix
Iplay4keepz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
Dougiealan
Fighter
Dougiealan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:28 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Dougiealan is a glorious beacon of lightDougiealan is a glorious beacon of lightDougiealan is a glorious beacon of lightDougiealan is a glorious beacon of lightDougiealan is a glorious beacon of lightDougiealan is a glorious beacon of lightDougiealan is a glorious beacon of lightDougiealan is a glorious beacon of lightDougiealan is a glorious beacon of lightDougiealan is a glorious beacon of lightDougiealan is a glorious beacon of light

Nice work I'm gona have to try get a h beam and try and sort that sort of thing up in the shed, will be handy to get my new lathe/milling machine in
Dougiealan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-14-2013, 11:45 PM   #10
mtbr_mark
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 04:28 AM
mtbr_mark is a NOOB

And at the end of the day it has another good use...
mtbr_mark is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools