Let's see if this works... 450R in a 250R - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Let's see if this works... 450R in a 250R

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
saber63
uber newb!

Senior Fighterer
saber63's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:15 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
saber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to all
Default Let's see if this works... 450R in a 250R

SOooooo this will be attempt 3 at this shit!

The links below where said attempts, College and life got in the way. I no longer have the resources i did, so i wont be able to finish it up the way i had wanted. I have a garage, But no tools > hand tools on hand. I can head down to the parents Machine shop on weekends for brackets or custom shit, and borrow a welder etc...

So we will go the quicker route...

2003 CRF450R motor into a pregen Ninja 250! Now lets get some pics up in here

The bike

(i blowed the motor up good in this fucker)

Ill look for better carnage pics, Ate #2 conrod on the freeway, so i ran it till it seized, 3 times, to get off said freeway. Oh and it got a flat rear tire...

The good part! 450R MOTOR dusty from sitting

some CBR exhuast bits i will most likely use

Most likely not going to be used this time around.... The GSXR front end and the VFR400 SSSA... Those i will most likely keep on the Spitfire frame, As reason to finish it some day.

Mods already done on Ninja, GSXR 600 Rear shock, Front forks done up by GP suspension (for the wife's weight though)

HID headlight, and Woodcraft lowered risers

The major ToDo list:
Figure out motor mounting,
Radiator and cooling shit (i have a something somewhere that might work)
Exhaust
Fuel and air (pod filter is a must, will have to rejet...) clean carbs, route fuel lines,

Lets see what we can do!

-Levi

p.s. Previous fails

project "spitfire" and its build off thread 2k10 build off thread

Can i actually finish one? Stuffing a 450R into a 250R
saber63 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
JLinde1339
GURU

Fighterer
JLinde1339's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:15 AM
JLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Let's see if this works... 450R in a 250R

Haha! This should be cool...

Sub'd
JLinde1339 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2013, 03:01 AM   #3
kornflake
How Do I Do This?
Fighter
kornflake's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
kornflake is well likedkornflake is well likedkornflake is well likedkornflake is well likedkornflake is well likedkornflake is well liked

Sounds like fun for sure!

kornflake is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
Cruisingram
Frankenbike builder
Fighterer
Local Time: 04:15 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 13 Times in 5 Posts
Cruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of light

Should be interesting!
Cruisingram is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

It won't fit. You should just give me the crf motor.

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived fslflint!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

I hope you make it easy to adjust those valves... next top end rebuild go with the Kibblewhite stainless valves

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #7
Davey t
GURU
CF Addict
Davey t's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:15 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
Davey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant futureDavey t has a brilliant future

im watching this shit i wanna see that motor put to good use...

I'm not crazy I'm creatively insane!!

my cbr fighter

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=63529

my 1986 cr 250

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=64997

well worth a look some realy good ideas for tools

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=50408

Davey t is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #8
redhedrednek
fatass needs corndogs
Fighterer
Local Time: 07:15 AM
Flipped Off 10 Times in 3 Posts
redhedrednek is a splendid one to beholdredhedrednek is a splendid one to beholdredhedrednek is a splendid one to beholdredhedrednek is a splendid one to beholdredhedrednek is a splendid one to beholdredhedrednek is a splendid one to beholdredhedrednek is a splendid one to beholdredhedrednek is a splendid one to beholdredhedrednek is a splendid one to beholdredhedrednek is a splendid one to beholdredhedrednek is a splendid one to behold

Watching...have same idea except I'm thinking of stuffing in a banshee power plant. I need a good bastard bike.
redhedrednek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #9
saber63
uber newb!

Senior Fighterer
saber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to allsaber63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fslflint View Post
It won't fit. You should just give me the crf motor.
Have a friend who says the same thing every time it gets brought up. You pay shipping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf1200R View Post
I hope you make it easy to adjust those valves... next top end rebuild go with the Kibblewhite stainless valves
Just like a ducati! Step one: remove motor from bike....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey t View Post
im watching this shit i wanna see that motor put to good use...
Me to man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhedrednek View Post
Watching...have same idea except I'm thinking of stuffing in a banshee power plant. I need a good bastard bike.
Some one has done this! Saw a youtube clip while trying to get motivated.

Also sorry for lack of updates. Lota excuses... inlaws, life, work, etc... hopefully will have something good this week!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-07-2013, 03:13 AM   #10
saber63
uber newb!

Senior Fighterer

So, I got the motor up on a jack, and the bike on the rear stand, just to eyeball stuff in (sorry no pics, dark as shit) and the motor mounts can go one of two ways...

Like the 250, use the motor as part of the structure, two mounts up top, and one in the back. (i am worried this would but undesired strain on the motor)

Or like the 450, with either a single or dual hoop that goes front the headtube ish area, back to the swingarm. would be bolt on so you can drop the motor. makes the frame stiff, no real load on motor. but is more complex, and weighs more...

What are youre thoughts?

Will post pics in morning if needed.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes