Only the brave controls the Bandit! - Page 61 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Only the brave controls the Bandit!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #601
tsukuyomi79
0.o i didn't do it

CF Addict
tsukuyomi79's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:53 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 11 Times in 9 Posts
tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Only the brave controls the Bandit!

Lol motohoro had me big eyed at twin charge and my tounge on the floor with what he was getting out of it. Impressive to say the least and way beyond what I what I could even think of doing. Someday ill take a shot at pumping a motor one way or the other...just to say I did it :-)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
tsukuyomi79 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived tsukuyomi79!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2014, 05:11 AM   #602
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post

Just so it's clear, this thing is going to be ugly, mechanical, dirty looking, NOTHING like your usual higher end fighter builds that encompass cleanliness and tidy packaging. It's just gotta work, that is it. Belts, hoses, wires, gauges, welds, all exposed, all there for the eye to see, hiding nothing of how or why this bike functions.
Fuck. Yeah.

Now we're talking.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #603
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:53 PM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez8 View Post
Rat are u planning on going super or turbo first...
I love watching dual charge systems come together...
It's ganna be one hell of a headache but will be one bad ass piece of work once done
It was down to carb tuning on the turbo kit before the engine started showing the signs of impending doom, cutting out the chance of getting it on the dyno before the winter months set in. I'm going to focus on getting the belt drive system and supercharger setup and plumbed into the ProBoost pitot shod charge pipe and plenum, have it tuned in on the SC unit and then bolt the turbo back up to it and back to the dyno it goes for the final tune and a nice bit of printed off proof of power. Still only expecting 240-260, the choice of turbo and SC combo retaining the factory 36mm carbs is going to be a huge choke point on the setup making it almost impossible to exceed what the (billet and forged) bottom end and slightly modified valve train can handle in a (season of hard riding at the drag strip) long term situation.

Dunno how hard it's really going to be though. But then again I've worked with forced induction a bit in my life (I have a shelf full of turbo's ) and wouldn't dream of even attempting what I am doing without having the resources, knowledge, and skill that I do have. No worries on my end, I'm pretty sure it'll be a bigger headache convincing the local shop to put such a monster on their dyno. We'll see, I have a few options out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukuyomi79 View Post
Lol motohoro had me big eyed at twin charge and my tounge on the floor with what he was getting out of it. Impressive to say the least and way beyond what I what I could even think of doing. Someday ill take a shot at pumping a motor one way or the other...just to say I did it :-)

Something I've said to alot of people over the years about turbo or supercharging is that it is a committed relationship. Either you are very dedicated to it, or it will remain a dream. I've seen many a project fall to the wayside due to the complexity of starting from the ground and going up from there whilst spinning spanner. Not quite the way I would go about it really, there is books, people, and plenty of tidbits of info floating around that create a good basis of understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RatFighter!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2014, 07:09 AM   #604
tsukuyomi79
0.o i didn't do it

CF Addict
tsukuyomi79's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 11 Times in 9 Posts
tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tsukuyomi79 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Sounds like the kinda relationship I have with helping a friend of mine run a dirt late model. Have to be on it constantly to make sure it works and make changes for track conditions. Money at this point is the biggest draw back for me to put together a boosted motor. I have my 600 that I will use for my first build. It needs going through and it would be a good starter for me.

tsukuyomi79 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tsukuyomi79!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2014, 08:09 PM   #605
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

GSXR slingshot tank payed for, awaiting the notification it's been sent, or it to just show up, who knows what'll happen first, but either way the S/C cover is on the way, kinda ratty too, really stoked I get to sport crash damaged bits on a bike with nearly $20k wrapped up into it! LOL

I want purists to cry blood. Fuck conforming to money equals a clean machine. I'm gonna fucking flat fucking black fucking bomb this beast! "Whaaaaa why did you do that!!!", shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.

Quote:
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2014, 12:28 AM   #606
94yzf75fighter
GURU
CF Pimp
94yzf75fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 61 Times in 21 Posts
94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here94yzf75fighter spends too much time on here

Quote:
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.

This is sig worthy and I'm about to delete some things to put ratty rant in my sig

Quote:
shut the fuck up crybaby, this is MY bike, I prefer it to look like shit and then eat a Busa for breakfast and fart out CBR900RR's mid afternoon. Then have a side order of S1000RR's for dinner! I want to piss on the ego of every douche bag "fast guy" squid in the region.
05 zx636- winter build off fighter project
"The Dedication"- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74929
"The Dedication" discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=74937
94yzf75fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 94yzf75fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2014, 04:23 AM   #607
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

Fighter of the Month 
Thumbs up Re: Only the brave controls the Bandit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94yzf75fighter View Post
This is sig worthy and I'm about to delete some things to put ratty rant in my sig

I honestly can't remember the first time someone sig'd what I had said on CF, but it never stops filling me with delight like a little kid on christmas morning every single time someone does.

Posting this again because it underlines my sense of humor in a big way. Even Godzilla won't fuck with King Kong.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #608
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

Fighter of the Month 
Thumbs up Re: Only the brave controls the Bandit!

Next batch of bits left to order for the 1100 engine before the season starts so I can get some miles in on the bike before it goes, "full blown". Pun intended.

Clutch/ Stator/Oil pan/Valve cover/exhaust gaskets
Clutch kit - full
Oil pan/sump/pressure switch from 1200 to adapt to 1100 cases
1200 Y branch oil line from block to head
Stage 3 jet kit with dual round filters (summer time fun!)
stock petcock gasket
16T front sprocket

That should about wrap up the 1127 engine for some mileage over the summer while I track down the rest of the high performance bits for the turbo engine, and give me some time to get the drive pulley setup on the spare engine.

Anyone have a line on a 1st gen GSF1200 frame? Title isn't needed, just need a test bed for the tank/suspension/etc..

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #609
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

Fighter of the Month 

Worked a deal with my brother to get a custom tank made for the Bandit. Gonna start on the 1100 endurance racer engine shortly and get to stripping down the bike to hack a bunch of things off it and make it real ugly. Should be warming up here in the north pretty soon, been literally 0(F) and below for the past 3 months. This is bullshit.

Anyway, those that don't keep up on the "Dafuq?" build, this is an example of the work my brother does hand forming an alu gas tank.

And those of you who remember the super clean WBRW build, this current one is aptly named after the full "ratfighter" focus of the bike, and it will be known in its next naturally aspirated iteration (while the turbo engine goes on the bench) will be known as WBRB, Wisconsin Back Road Brawler.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #610
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

Quote:
Worked a deal with my brother to get a custom tank made for the Bandit. Gonna start on the 1100 endurance racer engine shortly and get to stripping down the bike to hack a bunch of things off it and make it real ugly. Should be warming up here in the north pretty soon, been literally 0(F) and below for the past 3 months. This is bullshit.

Anyway, those that don't keep up on the "Dafuq?" build, this is an example of the work my brother does hand forming an alu gas tank.

And those of you who remember the super clean WBRW build, this current one is aptly named after the full "ratfighter" focus of the bike, and it will be known in its next naturally aspirated iteration (while the turbo engine goes on the bench) will be known as WBRB, Wisconsin Back Road Brawler.
Glad this is all coming together for you.

Any Chance He Could make an Extended Service tank for my Bandito... Ive always pondered the Idea of a 14 Gallon Tank for the Long Haul... Currently I go through 4.1 gallons every 3 days LOL MAybe I shouldn't do 80+ everywhere but FTP.

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived gsf1200R!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes