Matt`s Motard Moped Maintenance Muckery - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matt`s Motard Moped Maintenance Muckery

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2016, 04:08 PM   #41
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:18 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Matt`s Motard Moped Maintenance Muckery

Sounds good, grease the fuck out of them. I had to scrap the arm as "mixed metals" in the end because even my biggest hammer couldn't persuade them to come out.

Also, the seals on the waterpump shaft is a pretty clever design. You are right about there being a cavity in the middle. If one of the seals goes, you will get either water or oil coming out of the "weep hole" and you can then change the seals before any water mixes with the oil.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2016, 04:12 PM   #42
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:18 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

...IF you are paying enough attention to notice the leak...

One of the bushings just dropped out, the other seemed to be pretty fused so I just let it be and shot the gap in between full of thick vaseline on both sides with a syringe. I must admit knowing I won`t be keeping this thing does make one cut corners here and there...

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2016, 05:13 PM   #43
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I can relate to that, I used to be a mechanic.

A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
This user High Fived RS_Raz!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2016, 08:49 PM   #44
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:18 AM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
I can relate to that, I used to be a mechanic.

A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
Sig quoted for posterity...

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived F'dup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2016, 03:06 AM   #45
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

OMGROFL totally missed that yesterday!!!

This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2016, 01:10 AM   #46
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Hey guys need a little advice here, my time in the garage is really limited so when I get in there I want to be prepared. The problem in question this time is the coolant system. I've tried studying how to fill the thing up but I'm getting nowhere fast. All the manual says is fill up the system and proceed to the aerating procedure. Fill up how?! There's no cap in the rad, the only way I can see to get fluid in is the expansion reservoir and the teeny tiny hose that connects it to the top of the rad via a deep U shaped hose through which I doubt I'm getting nothing through at any reasonable rate. The only thing I've figured so far to do is detach the head-to-top of rad hose and pour stuff straight in until no more goes, and then try to bleed it. The thing is there's no bleeder screws either! The manual very briefly mentions an elevated external reservoir that should be connected but where to?! There is one unused hose coupling, a very small one I might add probly 5mm, in the cylinder head that's blocked off. That's pretty much the only place I can find to connect this said reservoir. Now the thing with that is I don't have a said reservoir and I'm sure as hell not gonna buy one just to get this moped bled, has any of you ghetto rigged something to get a system like this aerated? Would it be enough to cram a small screwdriver between the top hose and the rad coupling and try forcing the air out through there until no more is coming and then just let the system work out the rest of the air into the expansion reservoir.

Why would a manufacturer do something like this? It feels this has been made difficult just to be dicks towards consumer mechanics. A simple bleeding screw at the top of the rad would pretty much do the trick but nooo you gotta buy some fucking reservoir and even if you do it right still make a helluva mess...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2016, 04:08 AM   #47
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

The way I filled and bled that engine was to fill it from the expansion bottle s l o w l y. And in stages. After pouring a bit in, lean the bike over each way a few times, squeezing the hoses in between. Once you've got as much air out as you can, run the engine up to operating temperature so the thermostat opens and let the water pump push the rest of the air out. Just make sure the temperature sensor and warning light are working and keep an eye on it.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2016, 04:21 AM   #48
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Was thinking along the same lines. Just one thing, the temp sensor isn't working cause the wire has broken off probly not gonna fill it up just yet cause if I want a new temp sensor I gotta order it and the mailing costs are gonna double the price so gonna at least see if I have to order something else too to get em on the same order. Yea I'm that broke ATM...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2016, 05:51 AM   #49
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Yes mine was broken too. Change it out before you fill the system otherwise you might make a mess trying to swap it over without losing too much water.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2016, 07:55 AM   #50
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Ha! Got lucky and managed to score an OEM sensor from a local parts shop for peanuts. Gonna try to get this fired up this weekend.

This user High Fived Mattson!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis