Cooke's C̶R̶F̶4̶5̶0̶R̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ CRF450X 2007 (actually it might be 2008) Dirty Bike - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Cooke's C̶R̶F̶4̶5̶0̶R̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ CRF450X 2007 (actually it might be 2008) Dirty Bike

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2016, 04:36 AM   #1
Cookie2000ad
Back from Oz!
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:55 PM
Flip Offs: 165
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Cooke's C̶R̶F̶4̶5̶0̶R̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶3̶ CRF450X 2007 (actually it might be 2008) Dirty Bike

As some of you may know I picked up a little Honda recently so I could go riding with friends on weekends....... I know what you were thinking:

But no, think dirtier than that:

So last night I finally got a chance to have a small look over it. I got it for pretty cheap so wasn't expecting show-room quality or anything, I saw some of this when I was buying but was still happy to pay what I won the ebay auction for. Here's some of the finer points:

Starting at the front, I noticed there was hardly any pad material left on the pads:

The rear pads are ok actually. There are bolts missing from the fork guards:

I found out why.... no threads... So i'll be heli-coiling them.

There's quite a few missing bolts around actually:

Quite a few jerry-rigged and elec-taped parts:

Some PO was ham-fisted as fook it seems:

It could do with a new chain set:

The muffler cap is held on my an assortment of screws:

And I have no idea what is going on with this link-pipe connector:

Speaking of assortment of screws, this is what is holding on the rear plastics:

12mm, 10mm, cross-head, allen key.

Pick-and-mix bolts seems to be the MO of the PO, it's everywhere:

So there will be some standardising going on with stainless allen head bolts in the coming weeks.

It does have solid gold foot pegs though:

Might have to strip them. And undo this chav-tasticness:

Air filter has seen better days:

The fork seals were leaking like a MF when I picked it up, I suspect that's because someone hadn't been air-bleeding them. And this might be why:

So I managed to get them out and added some easy bleeders:

There are some nice parts on the bike, I suspect at one time it was actually quite well loved:

I'll try to make her feel pretty again. Welcome home little moto, you'll be safe here.

So, yeah, a fair bit of work to do. Everything works as it is.... I just want it to look a bit better.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2016, 11:53 AM   #2
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:55 PM
Flip Offs: 308
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Cookie's CRF450R 2003 Dirty Bike

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2016, 12:31 PM   #3
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:55 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

C2KAD OCD meets CRF
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #4
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

Staying set up for dirt or going SuMo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2016, 03:33 PM   #5
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:55 PM
Flip Offs: 308
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
Neither, water mode:

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-09-2016, 03:50 PM   #6
Cookie2000ad
Back from Oz!
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
Dirt. I've got enough road bikes. For now.

Also R= not road legal.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-10-2016, 12:10 AM   #7
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:55 PM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
Dirt. I've got enough road bikes. For now.

Also R= not road legal.
Cut the extra R off the stickers and you're all good
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Racing Geek!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-18-2016, 12:22 PM   #8
Cookie2000ad
Back from Oz!

Got a bit done today. Wanted to do some yesterday but was waaaaaayyyyy too hungover.

Tidied up some of the controls and added ss bolts:

Put a rubber cover on the kick to stop it clacking on the engine mount, used some spare hose from the VTR build:

Replaced the rad overflow:

And tied it to the frame since i didn't like how close it runs to the header:

Cleaned up the bolts and rivets in the can:

Put in the new air filter:

Cleaned up the pipe joint:

Stripped the gold off the peg mounts, and installed the pivot pegz, put in stainless clivis pins:

Changed out the front pads:

And whipped off all the main fairings to get a better look at everything and get started on the decals next time around:

These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-21-2016, 02:58 PM   #9
Cookie2000ad
Back from Oz!

Mostly there on the "make her pretty" front, removing most of the chavy decals and adding slightly more classy ones. Eg, i have no idea what "Muscle Milk" is and i don't think i want to, Dunlops, however, more my thing, out with the old, in with the new:

Bunch of other stuff, some SS fasteners and we're here:

Don't know how long some of those are going to last under alternating dirt / pressure washer blastings, but i like it for now.

So there are some mechanical things to do, chain and sprox, oil and filter and i've got to fix a stalling when whacking the throttle open from idle, and hanging coming back down. A carb clean is coming, but i also had a poke around and found there is a mix screw adjuster fitted:

Nice! So when i get the carb back in again it should be relatively straight forward to dial in.
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-21-2016, 03:49 PM   #10
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

The muscle milk sticker made me laugh. I woulda kept that one.
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis