Dimestak - 1988 xlh883 Sportster - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Discussion Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Dimestak - 1988 xlh883 Sportster

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #1
DimestaK
GURU

CF Lover
DimestaK's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:38 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
DimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud of
Default Dimestak - 1988 xlh883 Sportster

Talk about it goes here thread
DimestaK is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2017, 06:01 AM   #2
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:38 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Dimestak - 1988 xlh883 Sportster

good to have you onboard mate
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-10-2017, 11:25 PM   #3
Gixerman
?????????????

Gixerman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:38 PM
Flip Offs: 41
Flipped Off 55 Times in 45 Posts
Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Looks like this could be sweet build, look forward to seeing where it goes
Gixerman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Gixerman!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2017, 05:09 AM   #4
yantosh

yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

i've commented on it before,but the welding on that bracket is art ,and even better as it can be left, does my head in at work when I run a nice looking weld (my nice,not quite your nice) and we then have to surface grind the face

you say you have a laser at work? could you draw up a "Dimestak" logo and have it cut into the caliper hanger
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2017, 01:01 PM   #5
DimestaK
GURU

CF Lover
DimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud of

I could definitely draw that up. Not sure if the head of the laser will clear the pieces already welded to the bracket though.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2017, 01:15 PM   #6
yantosh

draw it,flip it and cut from the other side
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2017, 05:04 PM   #7
DimestaK
GURU

CF Lover

good idea
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2017, 06:16 PM   #8
Natan
Fighterer
Natan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Natan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant futureNatan has a brilliant future
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner 

I've spent about 10% of today welding and the other 90% grinding them down to not look shite.
Then I look at your welding and want to cry stunning work mate

2018 Winter Buildoff - CBR600F - Build - Discussion
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Natan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-03-2017, 10:48 AM   #9
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:38 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I'd be tempted to leave the rear fender a little longer. I know you're not building this for a daily ride, but cleaning tire spray out from between cooling fins is a major pain in the ass.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2017, 01:24 PM   #10
DimestaK
GURU

CF Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natan View Post
I've spent about 10% of today welding and the other 90% grinding them down to not look shite.
Then I look at your welding and want to cry stunning work mate
Thanks bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
I'd be tempted to leave the rear fender a little longer. I know you're not building this for a daily ride, but cleaning tire spray out from between cooling fins is a major pain in the ass.
Ya got a good point. Never been a fan of cleaning my bikes much and I don't really favor changing that now. How much farther are you thinking?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Discussion Threads