Made a moto table, uh, thing - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools

Streetfighter Tools Discussion about the tools you use to build and modify your streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Made a moto table, uh, thing

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2018, 10:48 PM   #1
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer
Zweihammer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:54 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Made a moto table, uh, thing

I have been trying to make time to build something to get me off the ground and get better access. I finally got annoyed enough to put something together.
It is made of 8” wide heavy channel and some 3.5” x .188 wall square tube and casters. I was looking at tables, but I wanted something I could get right next to the bike. I also wanted to be able to roll it aside when I need to.
I have some formed trays I am going to make hang off the web of the channel for tools and such.
I am thinking of making a wheel vise out of a tounge jack. I don’t like strapping the forks down.
Pretty good use of the afternoon, me thinks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	757A36C6-9C9E-44F3-8EC6-EBC5384AAA17.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	520.9 KB
ID:	102598   Click image for larger version

Name:	6E15D00E-924E-4261-AEB1-B00A9DDCAE9E.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	614.4 KB
ID:	102600  

2019 Winter Build Off Bike

2019 Winter Build Off Chit Chat

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever. E. Knievel
Zweihammer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2018, 09:27 AM   #2
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:54 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Made a moto table, uh, thing

The tool trays sound like a good idea. Maybe find a way to incorporate something similar to allow use of a paddock stand? I may be weird, but I use stands on my table all the time and find it very helpful. But it's great being up off the floor, isn't it? Nice job, man.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2018, 12:15 PM   #3
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer
Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
The tool trays sound like a good idea. Maybe find a way to incorporate something similar to allow use of a paddock stand? I may be weird, but I use stands on my table all the time and find it very helpful. But it's great being up off the floor, isn't it? Nice job, man.
Thanks! That’s a great idea. The trays I have are light gauge and with the perimeter formed up. I can see making some 12ga or so with the flange down to bear against the web when hooked on. We have a version of this we make for adding work stations to the sides of our conveyors.

You are absolutely right about being elevated. Just rolling my stool up next to it got me excited for the next project.

Unfortunately, I have to do grown up stuff today around the house.

This user High Fived Zweihammer!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2018, 12:24 PM   #4
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:54 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Cool project man! How do you get the bike on it? Some sort of a ramp? And what is that red beauty outside? The front grille says MG to me but not sure.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2018, 02:44 PM   #5
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer

Thanks! I loaded it with the same ramp I load into a truck, that’s why I have the milk crate and trunk next to it, so I can walk it up.
You are correct, the little red car is my father in laws ‘56 MGA coupe. He has a roadster as well, along with a pair of ‘48 MGTCs. One of the TCs used to be mine. I have had a Midget, as well as an MGC (six cylinder MGB) back in the ‘80s.
I have, between myself, my family and my father in law, too many cars (most of them projects) on my property for my liking.
Whatcha gonna do, they’re family.
Cheers, Zweihammer

These people High Fived Zweihammer!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2018, 03:05 PM   #6
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:54 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Bit of a Brit aficionado going on there eh? My ultimate goal is to get a road legal Seven when my wrists no longer allow me to ride bikes.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2018, 07:13 PM   #7
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Bit of a Brit aficionado going on there eh? My ultimate goal is to get a road legal Seven when my wrists no longer allow me to ride bikes.
A Seven is about as close as you can get to the performance of a bike. Never driven one, spoke to some owners running out at Laguna Seca and they really loved them. I was passed on the highway by an Ariel Atom a few months back, that’s another one I covet.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2018, 07:20 PM   #8
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer

Well, I was able to push off adulting until next weekend, so I thought I would try to get a wheel vice worked up.
Picked up a HF trailer jack for $29, pulled it apart to see what was inside and then whacked off the half I didn’t need.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F7308D97-125C-472A-B658-4F2D5C479A0B.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	102602   Click image for larger version

Name:	F1329155-C14B-4EF7-9A2E-C8A30078E1BF.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	102604   Click image for larger version

Name:	86500B0D-ACC6-489D-B070-A3193A07A796.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	680.2 KB
ID:	102606  

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-30-2018, 07:33 PM   #9
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer

Found some more steel bits from around my shop to build the platen, started welding them together. Used the pivot flange as the mount by welding the outer tube to it, and that to the table. Welded some ridiculously thick bar I had to the inner translating tube, and a couple square tube guides.
I am out of time for today, so I still have to face it in rubber. For now I slipped in some sheet plastic I have been using to protect the rim while I change tires. I also need to build up and face the stationary side. I slipped some hardwood drop in for the moment.
Looks like it will work sweet after I finish. Clamped the Li’l Hoonda in and shook it around. No issues.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6EE429A1-8CAA-4C1D-90FA-92DA5F87C0B7.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	444.4 KB
ID:	102608   Click image for larger version

Name:	D7A4E1BA-966C-4D35-B4A8-49E7E4FD51DB.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	530.6 KB
ID:	102610   Click image for larger version

Name:	60EB6AE8-990D-4E2D-8169-EF08E7E3FD3D.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	544.6 KB
ID:	102612  

These people High Fived Zweihammer!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2018, 06:56 AM   #10
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:54 AM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Perfect! A lot better than me knee pads and drop cloth bench system

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ROBBO!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools