The "Not A Harley" Bagger Build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The "Not A Harley" Bagger Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2018, 12:30 AM   #1
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:09 PM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default The "Not A Harley" Bagger Build

New bike coming home this coming weekend. Still working out the payment with my buddy, but its mine one way or another.

1985 Suzuki GV1200 Madura.
1196cc of V4 madness.

It needs a few things. To start with, it needs a key and new handlebars. Standard run of maintenance, not sure when it was last on the road. May need to replace some things (signals are all broke off from a fall that looks like it was at low/no speed. There's no damage to the body, just bent handlebars and broken lights).

Once the maintenance is all done, and I get some miles on it, I'm gonna start building a bagger from it. Gonna piss off the Harley crowd with it, but don't care.

Planning to use the dual headlight Road Glide front fairing plus front crash bar and lower leg fairings, plus Street Glide rear fender and hard bags.

GV1200 exhaust will be replaced with GV1400 collector plus a set of Rinehart pipes (goes from quad outlet to dual outlet, looks better). I've heard similar exhausts, they have a nice sound.

Will do some other minor tweaks to it, like modern controls, change the gauges and dash bits around to fit the Road Glide fairing, stuff like that. Might try to swap out the wire wheels for alloys.

If you're wondering why Harley bodywork, it's because I like how a lot of the bikes look, but cannot stand the crowd or the old tech. This aught to make bike nights fun......

Let the Suzuki-Davidson begin!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	received_412723672597036.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	102914   Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1765910396870536.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	102916   Click image for larger version

Name:	received_373091320098207.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	102918  
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Fight Everything!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2018, 07:52 AM   #2
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:09 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: The "Not A Harley" Bagger Build

Never knew Suzuki had a V4. Good stuff man
shinyribs is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2018, 12:18 PM   #3
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I think at one time everyone did. Honda had the VF500, 700, 750, 1100 Magna, Sabre, and Interceptor. Suzuki had the 700 and 1200 Madura, and 1400 Cavalcade, and Yamaha had the 1200 VMax and 1200 and 1300 Venture. VMax still exists as a 1700, I think Venture is still out there. There were some 2 stroke V4's out there too.

I love V4's though
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2018, 01:55 PM   #4
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

I should mention I'm not the first to do this with a Madura.
Attached Images

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2018, 06:37 PM   #5
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

A Madura-glide... I love it. Just show up at a bike night and see how many Harley guys can figure out what new model this is?
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2018, 01:36 AM   #6
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer
Zweihammer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:09 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I had one of these offered to me for free. Still there. Problem was/is it has been parked outside, next to the ocean, for about ten years, at least. Can barely tell what it is.
Person got pissed when I told them, “no, thanks”. Sometimes free is no bargain.

Looks like you got a good bike to start.

2019 Winter Build Off Bike

2019 Winter Build Off Chit Chat

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever. E. Knievel
Zweihammer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Zweihammer!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2018, 09:25 PM   #7
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Problem was/is it has been parked outside, next to the ocean, for about ten years, at least.
I can just picture what a treasure that must have been lol.

Bike should be coming home this weekend, then I can get started on cleaning it up and checking everything out. Gonna be fun rearranging the shop to accomodate. All the toolboxes moved out to my new 2nd shift job, and all my porch junk from the house moved in lol. Still need to finish organizing, putting things away, prolly stack the Rat on a shelve too. More interested in getting this one running and roadworthy. It'll take less than piecemealing the Rat right now. Fluids, tires and cleanup, vs fabbing mounts, custom wiring, tons of parts and hardware I don't have yet.

May have to rebuild the clutch master or slave. Was the only thing that felt wrong during the once over. Had no pressure.
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #8
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Fuckin quiet in here...... Need to get this thing home soon.....
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-21-2018, 12:30 PM   #9
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:09 PM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

We're waiting patiently!

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2018, 12:07 AM   #10
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Something's happening!
This user High Fived Fight Everything!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes