helmets - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info

Streetfighter Info Informative links, Buyer / Seller Feedback, etc.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > helmets

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2019, 12:16 AM   #31
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:37 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Default Re: helmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
So I looked closer in to SENA and several ( not all ) were complaining of unpairing. One guy said he had to keep his phone in his shirt pocket for it to work. If he kept it any further away it would unpair. Lots of other guys chimed in with the same experience, so I took my chances on a $36 unit instead. Cheap enough to not give a fuck if it dies

Oh, and the Sena guys were complaining about the unit not being able to recognize voice commands So they couldn't pause music to have conversation, etc. Seemed pretty common, so I'm happy to have physical buttons for everything. $0.02 You ever have that issue with yours?

All that aside, I think you would enjoy any of them. It's a really nice feature to have.
I know a lot of the local bike people (used to be pretty active in the community here)... virtually all of them have Sena's, and nobody has had these issues as far as I'm aware. Nobody I ride with for sure, and nobody I've bullshitted with at bike nights has brought it up.

As for the voice commands thing specifically... that's more likely an issue with how they have the voice control and bluetooth settings configured on their phones, not an issue with the Sena.

My only complaint about these things is that the sound quality sucks. But then again you can only expect so much from something competing with wind noise from underneath your helmet's padding, and my bar for "sounds good" is pretty high.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 01:00 PM   #32
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:37 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post

The one Junkie posted is their most popular model I think, but it's like 3x as thick as this one not including the big adjustment knob.
The downfall of losing the bulk is, the batter is external on this model vs internal on the other one. So you have another thing to find a home for, but you can stick it anywhere inside or out.
yeah that's the SMH10R, I have one but haven't set it up yet

was gonna throw it on my dirtbike helmet but I've trashed 2 of those this year...

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 01:59 PM   #33
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Flip Offs: 1,393
Flipped Off 39 Times in 35 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

an employee here that is die hard ride in rain snow guy.
has the sena 30k paid like $240ish he said.
has a sweet dial on the side. not a single issue he said. ppl cant tell hes on his motorcycle on a phone call. Honda shadow and $100 hjc helmet. cool guy. he almost died a few weeks ago some lady slammed on her brakes as he changed lanes on a highway bridge. anyways.........I wish custom fighters had a white backround so it would look more office so I can be on it more so it looks like a woooooork website.
but developers said NOPERS. lame.
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #34
mcantar

CF Pimp
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Just flip the contrast on your monitor.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #35
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Flip Offs: 1,393
Flipped Off 39 Times in 35 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

no worky. especialy with skull and bones watermarks lol. boss be like I disapprove.
but like i told them before(gov job)...fire me....but they cant. so I'm here anyways.
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 03:07 PM   #36
mcantar

CF Pimp

https://gizmodo.com/how-to-disguise-...ork-1767359190

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 03:08 PM   #37
mcantar

CF Pimp

.......Maybe wait til you get home to open that link lol.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-06-2019, 03:37 PM   #38
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:37 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabies View Post
an employee here that is die hard ride in rain snow guy.
has the sena 30k paid like $240ish he said.
has a sweet dial on the side. not a single issue he said. ppl cant tell hes on his motorcycle on a phone call.
Answering the phone when customers call was a big reason for me wanting a com. Everything has been flawless on that front. I was following buddy home down the interstate after a long job once and he was struggling to stay awake. We chatted on his phone/my helmet for about an hour and a half to keep his mind occupied. Nobody ever knows I'mon the bike until I tell them. Longest continuous time spent in the rain with mine was riding home (Bedford VA) from Williams Grove Speedway in a down pour. About 6-7hrs counting fuel and food stops. I kept getting flood warnings over the com. That sucked, but it did great. Did the whole trip without recharging, too! Usually get 16-20 hrs of constant music/ phone use out of a charge. No idea if the intercom uses more or not. FM radio doesn't seem to affect battery life any differently.

Rode down to Barber with some friends this past summer. Rode down and spent the whole weekend using it. Charged it up for the ride home and weather turned to shit. We got caught in rain and heavy fog and ended up riding about 15-16hrs straight to get back home. No problems with the cheapy and it the charge lasted a few more days riding after I got back home.

I dunno how long my battery life will hold up this good. The unit is only a couple years old, so it could start giving up battery life any day now?
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-13-2019, 09:41 PM   #39
mcantar

CF Pimp

@shinyribs, does your Chinese one work with Sena intercom? With the kid now riding it'd be great to be able to talk to him, let him know when to brace for braking or such, but he'll be riding his own 50cc soon and it would be a shame to put a Sena on his lid and have him crunch it.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-14-2019, 08:06 AM   #40
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:37 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Hahaha Sorry, Mac. I can't say. I've never used the intercom at all. I'm not tech savvy enough to know how all that stuff works, but I would think all intercoms should work with each other if they are linking up via the same Bluetooth? I don't know if that's how they connect or not, though.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info