For now, a daily. But later....... - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > For now, a daily. But later.......

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-30-2019, 03:29 AM   #11
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:43 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: For now, a daily. But later.......

I'm supposed to be picking up a b king for 2500$ in the morning. I intend to pick it up, hate it, sell it for 5k.

have a 919 right now that I love. you should test ride one of them. probably the best all around bike I've ever ridden.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tldave!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #12
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I can't ride most sport bikes or sport style bikes. My hip just can't take it.

I'm stuck with standards and cruiser (not that that's a bad thing)

Still waiting on this motherfucking check to drop. I got an ebay cart full of shit for the bike, I'm fucking DYING over here waiting to hit PAY NOW
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2019, 12:44 AM   #13
tldave
CF Addict
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

919 is just a smoother efi version of an old cb. nothing fancy. upright riding. comfortable banana seat. thats why I brought it up.
This user High Fived tldave!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-07-2019, 04:49 AM   #14
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:43 PM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 15 Times in 12 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

The 919, great in the dry, very front heavy due to the engine position, shakes its head at the slightest bit of the front end going light.
Too much low down torque in the wet so the rear spins up really easy which gives you no confidence in the wet.

Looking at selling mine soon before it bites me and gets me into some serious trouble.
JamesHambleton is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-07-2019, 08:36 PM   #15
tldave
CF Addict

they suffer from under built forks for certain. I still love them. too much torque isn't a thing, you are mistaken. you swap forks/front end and shock and you have a very capable bike. I don't mind slower bikes acting funny though. I think they are amazing for what you can pay for them.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-07-2019, 11:49 PM   #16
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Not gonna say the 919 is bad, but the frames are as stiff as overcooked spaghetti. My full perimeter old school CB-F frames are stiffer than the 919 and handle better with the mods I've done. A naked 900RR with dirty bars is 10 times the bike the 919 is. Better frame, suspension, brakes, forks, same motor.

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-08-2019, 12:55 AM   #17
tldave
CF Addict

919 power delivery smooth like butter bro. never ridden a 900rr that was crisp and smooth. had a bunch of cbs. every cbr made. I feel like they are great at what they do. no reason to ride a 900 when you can ride a 929/954 either. talk about smooth. but the 919 also looks better than the 900. fuel injection matters.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-11-2019, 09:49 PM   #18
Fight Everything

CF Pimp
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

THE CHECK IS ON ITS WAY!!!!!!!!

Which means soon so are my parts! FUCKING WOOOOOO!!!!!!
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2019, 02:10 AM   #19
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

Uggggghhhhhh the wait is killing me. But in the mean time, Tues and Wed, wife is off work, her and I are ripping apart the shop, cleaning and rearranging, and getting setup. I'm gonna move the Tempter to the shop in preparation of the parts arriving, it'll be nice to finally have the room to do so.

I think I know what I want to do with the Madura now. I've mentioned that I'm looking at a newer Road Glide with the Milwaukee 8 motor, and I've mentioned a couple times in past posts that my dad used to have an XS1100 that he slowly pieced together into a touring bike, picking up all the Vetter parts he could for it. Well part of the appeal to Road Glide is the low slung seating, while still having enough luggage to go out on the road for long trips (even without the Tour Pack on the back).

So why not combine both into the Madura? The Madura has a fairly low slung seat, a big (for japanese bikes) motor, etc. I don't want to go full Cavalcade/GoldWing/Venture, but I could still make a Japanese Road Glide using Vetter Windjammer fairing (prolly the Windjammer V) and hardbags, and make a removable "Tour Pack" using a rack and the Vetter trunk.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2019, 12:28 AM   #20
Fight Everything

CF Pimp

FUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!! Check is depositing. Ordering parts muthafuckas!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes