FZR 600 RR Build - Page 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > FZR 600 RR Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-31-2019, 12:06 PM   #61
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:47 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: FZR 600 RR Build

Front tank mount design is complete.

It will use the same rubber mounts & inserts as the radiator where it bolts to the tank:

Just needs tidying up, edges rounded etc. & paint then I wait for the rubber mounts to arrive.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RS_Raz!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2019, 06:32 PM   #62
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Fitted my FZR1k swinger:

Chain guard needs trimming:

And shock spring sits real close to the front of the aperture in the arm:

Think I just need slightly shorter dogbonezzzz????

Fitted tank mount to frame:

And an HRC style stubby pipey bit:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2019, 01:16 AM   #63
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:47 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Dogbones set the ride height, you won't know that til it's on its wheel with engine in. Will also set where the sprocket/pivot/wheel spindle line is.

I'd say if it isn't touching in any part of the stroke it's fine. An aftermarket shock will probably be slimmer.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2019, 06:04 AM   #64
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Yeah I got no idea where ride heights gonna be atm coz swingarm swap and aftermarket links so I'll just be patient
There's loads of potential shock upgrades so I'll see about finding one with a slimmer spring.

This user High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2019, 06:00 PM   #65
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Couldn't find a 1000 exup chain guard for a reasonable price but found an FZR600 one which looked very similar but different part number:

Fits perfect. Just gotta make up a small bracket for it.

I'd like to make a complete guard out of aluminium one day.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2019, 02:59 AM   #66
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:47 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post

Is this gonna be the aluminum kick lever all over again??
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2019, 01:07 PM   #67
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:47 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post

Mine took about 3 hours to make out of 3mm ally sheet

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-07-2019, 04:05 AM   #68
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Is this gonna be the aluminum kick lever all over again??
Yes, I hope so. Coz that worked out great in the end

This user High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-07-2019, 04:08 AM   #69
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
Mine took about 3 hours to make out of 3mm ally sheet

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Yeah I think ally sheet is the way to go coz I can't find any ally angle or channel with a curved edge. Just not sure how I'm gonna achieve the results I want.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2019, 02:31 PM   #70
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Needed to have a shift around in the shed so the FZR had a sit on the grass:

It's taking shape

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes