Kids ATV into crosskart project - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Kids ATV into crosskart project

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2019, 03:38 PM   #21
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:33 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Kids ATV into crosskart project

for notching tube I'm a big fan of just using an angle grinder or chop saw. You can generally get plenty close for MIG just making 2 angled cuts. https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/...ad.php?t=43142 shows the basics.

When you refer to a "drill cutter thing", you mean an abrasive cutoff wheel on a drill?

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2019, 04:11 PM   #22
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:33 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

I do believe the tool used is called a 22mm drill mounted holesaw.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #23
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Looking at these pics someone could actually mistake me for someone who has the slightest clue of what he`s doing In truth I`m basically just making shit up as I go along, and it`s going along surprisingly well. Haven`t welded anything bigger since the Daytona subframe so I won`t defile your eyes with any close-ups of any of the welds but I`m still fairly confident that ugly as they are, they should still be structurally sound. It`s crooked six ways to hell and asymmetrical due to the shock not being in the center but I don`t suppose on a build like this that will be of significant matter. Ran out of steam for today when I realized I`ve done a bit of a mistake at the back end tubes as I was trying to make a sort of a floating crash cage around the engine until I realized the engine won`t fit in the space I made for it. No biggie just a spot of angle grinding redesigning and more welding, probly gonna concentrate on the cockpit for now and figure out the drivetrain after that.

These people High Fived Mattson!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-12-2019, 04:45 PM   #24
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

For some reason the picture makes it look a LOT goofier than what it looks like IRL but yea decided to sacrifice the looks a bit and raised the "roof" higher than I was planning for ease of boarding and getting out. Left the tail ends uncut cause not sure yet how to make the back end. Ran out of tube there and might be. A while til I can continue as the last time I checked I've raided my local hardware store clean of 22x1.5mm pipes might get more from the city next weekend if they haven't restocked by then.

Oh and realized the box section is pretty much useless above the "waistline" and in fact in the way so that's getting cut off later.

These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-13-2019, 08:30 PM   #25
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:33 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Matti,
Reduce the height of the roll cage... even if it makes getting in/ out harder. If ya roll this machine the height of the cage will allow you to be ejected out of the seat & possibly pinned to the ground by the cage.
Just my .02.
Beez

Fuck all that... we gotta get on with this!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2019, 01:25 AM   #26
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Ye well might lower it for the fact alone that it looks kinda dumb. It's not AS high and narrow as the 4:3 compressed picture suggests but still enough to be disproportionate. It will be getting a four-point harness so the driver will be tucked in but rather safe than sorry. My biggest grief right now is I cannot find any kind of a seat with high enough backrest! I've used up every possible search phrase I could come up with and so far have three options, first is a proper racing seat for "kids" but they don't tell you any measurements and it costs over a hundred euros, second is a Tillett go-kart seat from Germany, otherwise ok but no padding whatsoever and kinda low on the back, thir and most affordable is a drift trike seat but you know how those are, hardly any back at all... The seat and it's fitting height will determine the final height of the roof (probly shouldn't have even made it before In get the stool...)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #27
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:33 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

I assume it's getting some bracing too. right now if you rolled it, I'd expect the cage to mostly flop over to the side. 22x1.5 (aka 7/8 x 1/16) is awfully light for something like that.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2019, 09:55 AM   #28
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Yes of course trellis zigzag etc just out of pipe ATM. Making the basic shape first then doing the bracing later, as said I'm pretty much designing this as I go along. The reason I'm going light is I don't actually expect this to see excessive amount of use, it's going to my mom's where my and my sister's kids and ride around the patch of field when visiting grandma.

As far as the tubes being light goes, aside of course the distance of any two welded points being much smaller, the original atv frame is the same wall thickness but smaller enough diameter to slide inside the 22mm which makes mating ready parts to self made much easier

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2019, 09:08 PM   #29
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:33 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Matti,
Ya have made everything else so far... make the seat too.

Fuck all that... we gotta get on with this!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived beezwiz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2019, 11:41 PM   #30
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I bet your mom would ride it too

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion