SV1000Reptilia - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > SV1000Reptilia

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2019, 06:39 PM   #1
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:34 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default SV1000Reptilia

Hello to all!

It's time to make a build thread for my sv and start working on her.
I have this bike almost two years and I love her. It's my commuter, my daily ride and I had some good time twisting at the curvy roads on the mountains.

A quick intro before the build begins.
I've bought her like that for 1000 euros. Everything was stok on the bike but not in good condition

The magnets of the flywheel was unstuck. Something usual for a sv and the forks was leaking.
She had some cracks at the front fairings and tail and a dent on the tank
Bonded the magnets and did a frond end swap to gsxr K9 750 forks, triple tree and K3 1000 calipers. Bought two Sebring short cans and that's where
I stoped.

After that I was triyng to find some time to fix the cracked fairings and paind her but I didnt make it until now.

Bought an almost complete panigale tail and tail lights with integrated indicators since last year for this build

A fork cap and a pair fork tubes to replace mine. The forks are straight but with a big dent. It's fuctional and it was very cheap to pass

So I removed the front fairings and tail

And did a mockup so I can see how is that tail on her. Finaly after one year since I've bought it.
The XT retro it's looking. I think she is jealous

I need a headlight and start to make a subframe.
I've already ordered a Z1000 2014 cowl but I can't find any headlight at a decent price anywere.
If someone have or find one for selling please let me know.
So here is the cowl

And because I don't want to try to make a subframe that is going to be durable and heavy,
I will buy a stok subframe and modify the front section to bolt it on my frame.

That's all for now. If you make it to read all this, well thank you!
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2019, 07:05 AM   #2
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:34 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future
Default Re: SV1000Reptilia

Judging by the number of high fives you've had on that one post, I'm guessing there are plenty of folk who're looking forward to how this progresses! Great start, brill basis for a project and a superb choice of donor parts ;-)
How about fitting some round lights into the Z1000 fairing?
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #3
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Thank you sir!
That's exactly I was thinking to do. I need to get the cowl at my hands to measure it so I can order a pair of projectors.
The smaller I've found is 2.5". Unfortunately the estimated arrival date is early November by early December for the cowl.
Until tomorrow I will order the subframe. I expecting to arrive in 2 - 3 weeks.
That's the only part of a build I hate most. The prices here at Greece are insane for early models even at the used parts.
The impatience is all over me too, to start DW on that bike.
I should buy a seal kit for the forks to keep me busy for the next days

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2019, 03:47 PM   #4
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Ok the payday came one day earlier and the subframe now it's mine!
I had to buy the seat latch and the rubber part that fits under the seat. I have no idea the name of that, I coulden't find anything at the Ducati parts catalog.
The rear seat tray will go to the bin cause I already have it.
Anyway the puzzle will be complete once I get those parts at my hands

These people High Fived Leroy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-21-2019, 09:12 PM   #5
Auser6guy
Fighter In Training
Flip Offs: 0
Auser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of light

Subscribing. This is gonna be great mate !
Auser6guy is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Auser6guy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2019, 07:03 PM   #6
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

The mailman came today and got me the fork rebuild kit from all balls I've ordered. Bought some putoline 5W fork oil and took from the drawer my special tool to compress the fork springs

Lift her on the paddock stands to start do some work

And the spring compression tool in action

This is the fork cap I've bought and the old fork cap

Fited the seals, outer tube and measured the oil in the forks

And here are finished and ready to fit

I sould buy an other one fork cap to change both caps. I might do it before the built finish...

The subframe arriver to Greece yesterday. That was super fast!
The package was at the customs office. They told me to send the receipt of it, for the customs clearance. Sent it right away so I believe I should have it at Tuesday at my door.
These people High Fived Leroy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2019, 12:51 AM   #7
bilou972
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 06:34 PM
bilou972 is a NOOB

great job mate
bilou972 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived bilou972!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2019, 11:08 AM   #8
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Thank you bilou!
The subframe arrived. Man how thin are the walls of it! And it suppose that it have a passenger seat...
Anyway the fitmend is going to be tricky. I knew that it won't fit at all and cut and welding was the only way, but those thin walls...
I will visit my welder and shere my thoghts.
I will try to upload some pics later
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2019, 01:20 PM   #9
Auser6guy
Fighter In Training
Auser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of light

Could you make an adapter out of steel so that you donít need to weld to it ?
Auser6guy is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-01-2019, 01:31 PM   #10
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:34 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

cast aluminum will likely be difficult to weld, too

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes