GSXR 1100 WP - Project Phoenix - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > GSXR 1100 WP - Project Phoenix

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2019, 09:12 AM   #11
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:19 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future
Default Re: GSXR 1100 WP - Project Phoenix

Like Junkie, I'm a little concerned with the shock linkages. Please either fabricate some new ones or weld over all the joins ;-)

As an aside, these water-cooled powerplants are superb, and capable of making some very serious power. Much of the tech that went into these engines was what was used in the GSX1300R...
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MDM!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2019, 09:18 AM   #12
Neophyte
"More than meets the eye"
Fighterer
Neophyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:19 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Neophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
Like Junkie, I'm a little concerned with the shock linkages. Please either fabricate some new ones or weld over all the joins ;-)

As an aside, these water-cooled powerplants are superb, and capable of making some very serious power. Much of the tech that went into these engines was what was used in the GSX1300R...
I hear you guys. In the mean time, my MIG's gas ran outfrom having to weld other things too. Still have lots of work to do but will weld it up nicely once I get a refill. Money is a little tight at the moment.

In Greek mythology, a phoenix is a long-lived bird that cyclically regenerates or is otherwise born again. Associated with the Sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor.
Neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Neophyte!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2019, 02:16 PM   #13
Neophyte
Fighterer
Neophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of lightNeophyte is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post

I have seen that these motors are highly tunable...and speaking of the GSX1300R...I do in fact have a Gen 1

In Greek mythology, a phoenix is a long-lived bird that cyclically regenerates or is otherwise born again. Associated with the Sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-04-2019, 04:56 AM   #14
Neophyte
Fighterer

Took her off to have the exhaust link pipe built and fitted

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-05-2019, 02:26 PM   #15
Neophyte
Fighterer

Got the bike back this morning with the Y-connector and link pipe done. This guy did a stunning job for me and I totally love it.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-05-2019, 02:30 PM   #16
Neophyte
Fighterer

Got the tank totally sanded down today...but sheesh..someone did a number on it in the past when sanding (grinding) the paint off.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-12-2019, 02:18 PM   #17
Neophyte
Fighterer

Last week we started building our own rear seat cowl. Still a bit of work but getting there.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #18
Neophyte
Fighterer

Got a fair bit done today. Cleaned up the wiring and taped up al the pieces where previous insulation tapes came loose and where I had to open up a bit too. But I used a fabric tape...first time using it but quite like it. Very very sticky and still flexible.

During the last 2 or 3 weeks we stripped the old paint off and sanded etc. We were able to start doing primer during the week and today we even managed to get the 2 side fairings painted in color. It looks so awesome in the sun and I love it!

This user High Fived Neophyte!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Yesterday, 06:45 AM   #19
Neophyte
Fighterer

Yesterday we did some more painting. Can't wait to see her get back together again. But there is still a fair bit to do. We now have to get everything on the bike temporarily so that we can get the masking lines for the black correct.

I also drilled out 2 broken bolts. The one was the lower bolt for the right side foot peg unit and the other in the fairing mounting "boss" at the top right of the motor. Now I just need to fabricate that little bracket as it is missing.

This user High Fived Neophyte!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes