Is Smoking Permitted? - Page 263 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-26-2020, 12:07 PM   #2621
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:47 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syscrush View Post
Or how about an ostentatiously sexy bracket between the middle of the pipes and the side cover bolts?
Backup location is the frame, to the rear of the kickstand bracket and forward of the suspension (gold) link.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-27-2020, 08:23 AM   #2622
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:47 PM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I was going to suggest something of the like. quick little tab welded to the frame would be out of sight and plenty supportive.

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 929_adam!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-02-2020, 03:34 AM   #2623
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Parts for one-off aluminum silencers.
Welded construction. No rivets. Snap ring, and o-rings on both ends.
I'll be making similar silencers in titanium.

These people High Fived Smoker!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2020, 04:08 PM   #2624
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Supposed to drive to SF and back this coming weekend to get the bike and new pipes.

Seems completely impossible atm.

I'm going to do my best to try, and maybe I'll get lucky.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2020, 07:37 PM   #2625
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Which one of these perforated silencer tubing would you use, and why?

I'm guessing that the tubing on the left with larger holes would quiet the noise more, and give slightly less performance.

Also guessing that the tubing on the right with smaller holes would quiet the noise less, and give slightly more performance.

They are both from Toomey silencers.

Definitely appreciate all opinions.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2020, 08:34 PM   #2626
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 310
Flipped Off 172 Times in 148 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Is it possible to build the silencers so perforated tube is swappable? Are they titanium?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2020, 10:02 PM   #2627
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
Is it possible to build the silencers so perforated tube is swappable? Are they titanium?
It's possible, but I think the difference in power would be so small, it could only be detected by dyno. I could be wrong though, just guessing.

The perforated tubing is stainless.

I ordered new perforated tubing from Toomey (small holes). I expected to get the large hole tubings, which I bought from Toomey years ago. I've seen both types online.

Was just considering if I should return the small hole tubes and buy more large hole tubes. There will probably be a difference in sound, and in how often the packing needs changing.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2020, 01:55 AM   #2628
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Not driving to San Francisco this weekend.

Aluminum silencers and rear bracket aren't done.

I also told Jeff more time is better for me.

Got a feeling it will be next weekend. Really hope it's not raining!
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2020, 03:48 AM   #2629
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:47 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

i hope it won,t rain most days, the universe just laughs and turn on the tap
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-15-2020, 03:57 AM   #2630
Smoker
BLACK BELT

My design looks like this.

Jeff said no, to titanium silencers, so I'll get started on a titanium pair when I get the bike back. These are aluminum.

Toomey silencer cans are 10 3/4 inches long.
My similar cans are 8 1/2 inches long.
So, my exhaust sound will be louder.

The length of my can design has nothing to do with function. I just like these proportions of length vs. diameter. Also didn't want them to extend up higher than the tire. Opens up the space between the tire and tail.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes