Operation: Kwak Attack - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Operation: Kwak Attack

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:05 AM
Flip Offs: 301
Flipped Off 143 Times in 38 Posts
DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Operation: Kwak Attack

Here we go:

Got the EX 500 a few years back, began working on it.....but lost interest in the project. Hey, I had a bike to ride and wanted to ride....not tinker.

So, time to man up and get cracking.
The bike is 50 miles away at my parents house right now as I have no where to store it.
Just moved my trailer(300 feet), so the three items in red are taking up alot of my time right now. Until those are finished, I'll only have one day a week(Sunday) to work on the bike.
As soon as its cleaned out, the storage building will be my garage.

I bought the bike without title because it was going to either be a stunt or strack bike.
Ever since I ran across this site, she's going on the road.
Of course, that's presuming she'll run...
I'm not sure how many hammer mechanics have put their grubby little paws all over the girl, but with 25,000 miles and 21 years on the clock, hopefully they didn't hurt her too bad.

I will have to get a bonded title, which just adds time and money to the process.

The tank has a couple pin holes and some internal surface rust. Also some Kreem residue(nasty shit!!!!!)
Gotta patch those holes first. Then gonna use the electro de-rustification method that Taiden used in this thread

Sunday:
--Install oil pan
--fill with motor blood
--If battery holds charge, turn the bitch over
--take more pics

Project: Kwak Attack

EX 500 to-do list

Put up fence> DONE!!!

Front porch> up next!
Clean out storage building

Primary

--resolve title issues
--install oil pan__DONE
--oil fill__DONE

--battery
--finish cleaning out tank!!!
--patch tank
--electro-coat tank
--carb boots
--crankcase breather
--chain and sprockets kit
--fix rear brake pedal
--tires

_________

Secondary
--headlights/tailights/turn signals
--bar end mirrors
--dogbones to raise rear
--clean/de-rust headers
--shorten headers
--wrap headers
--cut down mufflers
--sub frame mod
--cut/make short sean pan
--rear tail

I know, I know....lots of talky-words and nothing to look at
Here's a couple of my ugly bike plus a lil sumthin' easy on the eyes....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ex500_01.jpg
Views:	1167
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	12275   Click image for larger version

Name:	ex500_02.jpg
Views:	1144
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	12276  
Attached Images

DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived DecepticonDon!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
schultzy929
zeitgeistmovie.com!!!!!!!
Fighter
schultzy929's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:05 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
schultzy929 is making some friendsschultzy929 is making some friendsschultzy929 is making some friendsschultzy929 is making some friends
Default Re: Operation: Kwak Attack

I had to get a bonded title to. Man was that a pain in the ass. anyways looks like ya got a lot of shit to do so DW!!!!

btw i busted a nut over that pic..... lol

My CBR929 Build= http://www.customfighters.com/forums...t=24907&page=6
Greatest Movie Evers Produced. Everyone should have to watch these movies: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
This is just a fuking sweet burnout pic
schultzy929 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived schultzy929!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
shotgun
Fast ZX-12R

shotgun's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 132
Flipped Off 121 Times in 103 Posts
shotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on here
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

That looks like quite a project, DW.

shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shotgun!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Good luck mate lookin forward to yer work fer sure !

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

2019 winter build thred GL1100 https://www.customfighters.com/forum...d.php?t=136656
2019 winter build discus place http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=136658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ROBBO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Had a good day yesterday. Didn't get everything done but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Got the oil pan and oil filled, but the battery was fucked. It would only charge to 4 volts.
Oh well, charged a battery overnight and it'll be shoehorned in the bike soon.

When I pulled the oil pan, the pick up screen was about 75% clogged
Should have got a pic, but my mitts were a tad grimy.
But like grandpa said,"boy, you ain't gone learn nuttin 'less ya get yer hands durty."
Good thing the oil pan needed replacing(drain threads were boogered up) or that clogged screen could have caused big problems later on.

So after removing the old pan and gasket, cleaning and installing the pick up screen and Ebay oil pan, she got filled up with moto-blood.

First-just rolled her out of the garage for the first time in two years.
Second pic-parts cleaned and ready to bolt on.
Third pic-done for the day. Can't even see the replaced parts. Fuck it! They're on the bike and crossed off the list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2_21_together.jpg
Views:	1414
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	12296   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_21_parts.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	12297   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_21_done.jpg
Views:	1090
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	12298  
DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
leo_black_label
clean fight
CF Addict
leo_black_label's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:05 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 9 Times in 7 Posts
leo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to behold

i wus just thinking- im all for using what you got "wastnotwantnot" but with a rusty holey, gunked-up tank, maybe a dented off eb. might end up bein a better option once you add in time and clogged filters and all...
anyway i wuz just thinkin.
good luck- glad yer gonna road her.
leo_black_label is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived leo_black_label!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2010, 05:29 AM   #7
whitey818
The Glistening Turd
CF Pimp
whitey818's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 26 Times in 12 Posts
whitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud of

I agree on the ebay tank, by the time you clean it and line it you could have gotten a good one off ebay.

"Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." Alfred Pennyworth
whitey818 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #8
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

Thought about buying an fleabay tank, but don't have the $$$$. It's gonna cost an extra $100 for the bonded title. If I didn't have to pay that, a better tank would probably be an option.
But the tank has no major rust, and is almost clean.
The pin holes will get fixed in the next week or so.

to be done Sunday:

--fix leaky carb boot with silicone RTV
--flush coolant
--refill coolant
--install battery
--see if she'll turn over

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #9
Mack
est.1979
CF Lover
Mack's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:05 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Mack is a good noobieMack is a good noobieMack is a good noobie

I look forward to seeing the end results...cause I couldnt make out anything you said after looking at the last pic.

1989 GSXR 750...Slingys be the best YES!
Turbo LSX Trans Am...The GRUDGE
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mack!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #10
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

Couldn't wait til Sunday!!! Went and put the battery in......she turned over!!
Starter sounded a little weak but when I hit the button, shit was happening. She got spark, just needs some go-juice.
The carb boot was too deformed to be repaired--fleabay to the rescue.
gonna have to get some radiator hoses as the previous dipshit owner put the hose clamps on too tight and pinched the hoses. oh well, more shit to buy

new list for Sunday
--finish cleaning out tank
--wait for ebay parts
--I'll find something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes