Kane's SRAD fighter build. Motocyco tail install. - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Kane's SRAD fighter build. Motocyco tail install.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #1
KANE
CF Lover
KANE's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:44 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
KANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well liked
Fighter of the Month 
Default Kane's SRAD fighter build. Motocyco tail install.

Link to parts 1 - 4

The Kane Chronicles part 5: 08-20-07 Subframe building

Allrighty now. This project has been very slow going for me. I expected to have it finished three months ago but life gets in the damn way. Here is the build to get the new Motocyco tail installed. Click the link above for the earlier entries to this build up.

I knew that the fat SOB stocker had to go. Originally I was going to just do a complete bobber, but in the interest of being somewhat street legal I decided to purchase a fighter tail. This brought me very close to my $2500 total budget for this bike but I think the results will be worth it.

Since I bought a custom tail section logic dictated that the entire subframe had to be built from scratch. So I went and bought some tubing and then went to town. Even though I used steel for the material it actually turned out lighter than expected. The tubing is a thin wall design and all the add on items are out of aluminum It turned out very strong so I know it will take a hit and stand up to it.

Fab for the seat mount.

Initial mock up for the rest of the frame

Once I got the frame tacked together I then started building the light mounts, ECU mount and battery box. The battery box took as much time as building the subframe but I think it came out perfect. It hold the battery, Ignition switch and the starter solenoid. Plus I mounted the volt regulator under the box to get fresh air.

Here is the paper mock up of the battery box. I used a ton of construction paper for every thing that needed to be made. It saves a lot of time and make nice templates for the real pieces.

After the mock up is made then the pieces get cut and put together for final fitment.

The ignition switch under the left tail section

Itís a tight fit but it all fits.

Canít forget the taillight donated from my friends 03 GSXR 1k. The tail was designed with this in mind so my light are nice and legal. Plus that light is badass.

Here are shot of the subframe after final welding last Saturday and then after I painted it and mounted it to the bike for the final time.

It was mounted with the factory stock bolts.

Here is another cool goodie for the bike. My brass knuckle heal guards. The trademark of a fighter.

NOW FINALLY I HAVE A PICTURE OF AN ACTUAL BIKE. YAY!!!! The pics are slightly blurry but they were shot in crap light with a crap camera.

Nice stubby tail

and a fat ass, oh yeah!

KANE's 1999 GSXR fighter totaled R.I.P. 6/7/09
MY FIGHTER BUILD UP LINK.
My 1980 Jeep CJ5 project
KANE is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
dogbreath
Function IS Form
dogbreath's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:44 PM
Flip Offs: 27
Flipped Off 329 Times in 225 Posts
dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Head Turner Award 
Default Re: Kane's SRAD fighter build. Motocyco tail install.

Damn that looks nice
gonna be sweet when it's all painted and shit!
dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
DougZ
All star !!!
DougZ's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 10 Times in 8 Posts
DougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of light
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I don't like that tail, persay, but I can appreciate the work that went into it.

So, I guess there is no issue with leaning the battery like that? I was thinking about doing the same thing with mine, but further back in my solo tail.

2003 Suzuki SV1000s
2010 Yamaha WR250R
DougZ is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #4
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

great write up and pic thread. thx.

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2007, 07:42 PM   #5
Kpg2713
GURU
Fighterer
Kpg2713's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Kpg2713 is a NOOB

Looks great. Not used to seeing a tail like that not pointed straight up in the air though. Can't wait to see it painted.
Kpg2713 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
The Green Lantern
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
The Green Lantern's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 116 Times in 99 Posts
The Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant future

nice bike man,your sub frame is pretty slick
The Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #7
KANE
CF Lover
KANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well likedKANE is well liked
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ View Post

So, I guess there is no issue with leaning the battery like that? I was thinking about doing the same thing with mine, but further back in my solo tail.
Nope, the battery is at the very same lean as the stock setup with the SRAD bikes. The R6 leans just the same. As long as you use a sealed gel battery you will be fine.

My 1980 Jeep CJ5 project
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-21-2007, 08:41 PM   #8
KANE
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpg2713 View Post
Looks great. Not used to seeing a tail like that not pointed straight up in the air though. Can't wait to see it painted.
I think the same thing. The Motocyco bike that the tail was originally designed for pretty much points the same way. I didn't like it at first but the look grew on me and the price was very right compare to European fare.

My 1980 Jeep CJ5 project
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #9
TA2LURCH
GET TATTOOED!!!!

CF Pimp
TA2LURCH's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
TA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of light
Fighter of the Month 

nice fab work!!

TA2LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #10
dogbreath
Function IS Form
dogbreath's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 27
Flipped Off 329 Times in 225 Posts
dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Head Turner Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE View Post
Nope, the battery is at the very same lean as the stock setup with the SRAD bikes. The R6 leans just the same. As long as you use a sealed gel battery you will be fine.
Yeah make sure you mention that. SEALED BATTERIES ONLY!
dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes