some home made shit - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools

Streetfighter Tools Discussion about the tools you use to build and modify your streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > some home made shit

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #51
Christ
Winter's comin... :(
CF Pimp
Christ's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:21 AM
Flip Offs: 179
Flipped Off 94 Times in 61 Posts
Christ is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Christ is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Christ is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Christ is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Christ is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Christ is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Christ is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Christ is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Christ is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Christ is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Christ is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: some home made shit

Oh, and nice sheet metal work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBlacken via Facebook
"Aesop's Fables" teaches morality without eternal damnation and contradictions, or a petty, yet all-powerful creator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
Can't rush greatness. But you can crash it shortly after finishing it.

I'd like to think that people might open their eyes at some point... instead, I find it more and more likely that I'll just close mine.
-- Christopher Eugene Pettitt
Christ is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Christ!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #52
StigVR
Carpet Bomber

Fighterer
StigVR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:21 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
StigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of light

Yan inspired me to get moving on my own swingarm/frame jig.
I'm combining the two on a 10x5 'I' beam. The component parts will bolt on and be doweled to prevent movement and accurate location.
So first up, i've started the swingarm pivot mount. This will double up as the frame pivot when i come to constructing my first frame.
Basically, turned to sleeves with 20mm bored holes. A nice snug fit on a 20mm stainless round bar.
The sleeves are then welded into two box sections, and these in turn are welded onto an angle plate with the bar set up through the sleeves to get it all true.
This assembly is then being bolted to the 'I' beam as mentioned.
To hold the pivot sleeve of the swinger, i found two large screws, chopped off the head and turned an index on the ends and bored through at 20mm again. These then slide onto the stainless bar and the nuts will sit against the inside of the sleeves so when they're wound up, force the screw into the pivot to hold it into the relative position it needs to be, i'll either use collars for the ends of the pivots or tapers like Yan did on his.
Next up i have reciprocate this assembly again in a similar fashion for the axle end of the arm. As this can all be moved on the beam means i can use it to hold the frame pivot when i need it for that purpose...i'll just need to make the headstock jig to complete the job.
Pics then...

Only the one screw fitted at the moment, and whatever spacers are need can just be slid on when required.

Hot Stick Aloo.
StigVR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived StigVR!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #53
StigVR
Carpet Bomber

Fighterer
StigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of lightStigVR is a glorious beacon of light

Part two...Turned up the second adjuster sleeve then drilled the assembly and 'I' beam so they bolt together halfway along it.

A check with the inclinometer to check alignment...

Just got to align the pivot bar perpendicular to the beam, then parallel to the axle mount, which is being constructed next.

Hot Stick Aloo.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #54
Gixerman
?????????????

Gixerman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:21 AM
Flip Offs: 41
Flipped Off 55 Times in 45 Posts
Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Holy shit Steve!!! you making your jig with a steel girder you don't fuck about do ya?
Gixerman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #55
StigVR
Carpet Bomber

Fighterer

Yeah baby! I think Twizzle uses the same idea....just means i can bolt stuff to it all relative to what i'm building.

Hot Stick Aloo.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #56
SteveOrocket
Make the Clutch say Ouch
Fighter
SteveOrocket's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
SteveOrocket is well likedSteveOrocket is well likedSteveOrocket is well likedSteveOrocket is well likedSteveOrocket is well likedSteveOrocket is well liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
Fookinell mate yer a bunch smarter than me !

All I got here is fookin trees ..

That is improv right there

Current Bikes:
2012 Ducati Diavel
2008 Yamaha R6s
2005 Ducati Monster 620
2003 Buell Lightning XB9s
2001 Buell Blast Rat Fighter

Old Bikes:
2003 Suzuki SV650n
1977 Kawasaki KZ400
1976 Honda CB200T
2005 Ducati S4R
2005 Kawasaki Ninja EX500
2003 Suzuki SV650s
2003 Suzuki SV1000s
2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250
SteveOrocket is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived SteveOrocket!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #57
StigVR
Carpet Bomber

Fighterer

Part three of the jig is done.
I finished making a matching cross bar frame to go through the axle end of the arm.
Also turned up a pair of collars to fit in the ends of the pivot bearings...allthough this arm was dropped by the postman, which deformed the end of the pivot, squashing the end of the bearing. So i've had to knock the now useless bearing out, dress the hole and turn a collar that fits directly in the pivot. Then replace the bearing.

I'll do the same setup for the axle end, with a spacer between the ends of the arms in the axle blocks, these will lock with the outer sleeves screwed against the brace bar support.
It's all going to be bolted down to the 'I' beam and won't be moving when i weld the brace on....lovely.
Just a headstock mount and i'm on my way to getting a frame jig out of it.

Hot Stick Aloo.
These people High Fived StigVR!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-29-2011, 05:59 AM   #58
cintidude04
Fighter In Training
cintidude04's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
cintidude04 is a NOOB

Thought I would throw this out there for anyone rebuilding forks but doesnt wanna pay the 75 some dollars for a fork seal driver.
cost less than 5 dollars.
2 feet of 2 inch pvc pipe, cut into strips about halfway down so it can be clamped around the fork, old fork seal to use as a buffer between pipe an new seal to prevent damage of new seal. do not currently have pics of it in use as I did this weeks ago, but I will see if I can get any if someone wants to do this but is unclear.

cintidude04 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived cintidude04!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools