2000 SV650 build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 2000 SV650 build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
vbwstripes
2000 SV650
Fighter
vbwstripes's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:27 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
vbwstripes is a good noobievbwstripes is a good noobievbwstripes is a good noobie
Default 2000 SV650 build

Decided to start my build thread. I got this 2000 sv650 for a really good deal from an old friend. I had to get it up and running again with a new starter solenoid, battery, clutch springs, brakes, and headlight. One side of the vortex rearsets were totally demolished, and I found it extremely difficult to find replacement vortex's, and I didn't really want stock, so I ended up getting some aftermarket ones off of ebay for a pretty good deal. Anyway, here is what it looked like when I got it:

fog light headlights

Here is what it looks like currently

[/url]

Built some headlights outta these infinity j30 projectors:

Rear rotor was deeply gouged and the pads were almost completely through the metal.

New rotor and pads

new rearsets

ebay levers

This bent up slider was hard to get out. Wouldn't turn so I tried to cut it off, but I eventually just heated it up and bent it some until I could get it to spin out.

Motosliders

Installed an rfid ignition, there's my credit card key. I hate having crap in my pockets, so I love the card.

The tail paint really sucks and the plastic is pretty cracked in one spot, so my plan is to put an R1 tail that I got for 40$ on it. Later down the road though.

[

Plan on adding this yoshi pipe I got for 60 on craigs thats a brand new can and packing, but the end piece is scratched up. I want to fill the scratches and paint it black. Oh and shorten the can. There isn't a can on it right now and it's just too loud for me.

Is there supposed to be rtv silicone on this?

I would like to get some gsxr forks for it as well when I get the cash and paint it soon, but that's it for now. Will update as I go along.
vbwstripes is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived vbwstripes!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
Sheas Rebellion
Operation Sketchy At Best
CF Addict
Sheas Rebellion's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:27 AM
Flip Offs: 102
Flipped Off 58 Times in 36 Posts
Sheas Rebellion has a reputation beyond reputeSheas Rebellion has a reputation beyond reputeSheas Rebellion has a reputation beyond reputeSheas Rebellion has a reputation beyond reputeSheas Rebellion has a reputation beyond reputeSheas Rebellion has a reputation beyond reputeSheas Rebellion has a reputation beyond reputeSheas Rebellion has a reputation beyond reputeSheas Rebellion has a reputation beyond reputeSheas Rebellion has a reputation beyond reputeSheas Rebellion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2000 SV650 build

them there are sum big gauges and lights

]
Sheas Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2011, 12:58 AM   #3
Lt Numb Nuts
GURU
CF Lover
Lt Numb Nuts's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:27 AM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 9 Times in 6 Posts
Lt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of light

Good start man!
Lt Numb Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2011, 01:17 AM   #4
jmsvuk
GURU
Senior Fighterer
jmsvuk's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:27 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
jmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of light

Great start buddy, what else have you got planned ?

My Y2K SV650 Build
SV650S, Honda RS250 Seat, ZX636R Shock.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=42496
jmsvuk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2011, 02:16 AM   #5
Hitman Cody2130
GURU

CF Addict
Hitman Cody2130's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 45
Flipped Off 10 Times in 5 Posts
Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Gawd I love SV650's, this looks like it will be a fun build to keep an eye on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalonka View Post
If the Mob didn't have Tommy Guns, they would have used Street Fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGGIN View Post
And if the good lord didn't want us to masturbate, he would have made our arms shorter.
Hitman Cody2130 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
vbwstripes
2000 SV650
Fighter
vbwstripes is a good noobievbwstripes is a good noobievbwstripes is a good noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Blastard View Post
them there are sum big gauges and lights
I know, the gauges are ginormous. Any suggestions on some gauges that still have a fuel meter or flasher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsvuk View Post
Great start buddy, what else have you got planned ?
I have a 636 rear shock coming, get a gsxr front end, paint the bike, and maybe powder coat the frame. Not sure what else to do at the moment.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #7
whiteknucler6
complete asshole
CF Lover
whiteknucler6's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:27 PM
Flip Offs: 56
Flipped Off 27 Times in 6 Posts
whiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to all

i love sv650's bang for the buck bike right there! Oh i will have one soon

my build

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=43097

A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy
whiteknucler6 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
muttskin4_u
call me The Gooch
Noobie
muttskin4_u's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:27 PM
Flip Offs: 0
muttskin4_u is a NOOB

maybe use some of these guages?

For your set up I would use the minis, just me though

http://www.choppersurplus.com/np/instruments/index.html

MAY SATAN HIMSELF BURN THE FLESH FROM YOUR MISERABLE BONES!!!!
muttskin4_u is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
jmsvuk
GURU
Senior Fighterer
jmsvuk's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:27 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
jmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of lightjmsvuk is a glorious beacon of light

Try here for guages.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=36363
What year 636 shock are you using ? I need something to match up to the gsxr front end.

My Y2K SV650 Build
SV650S, Honda RS250 Seat, ZX636R Shock.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=42496
jmsvuk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #10
vbwstripes
2000 SV650
Fighter

Thanks for the link,

I am getting an 05 or 06, on ebay, its going for 40 total including shipping hopefully it stays that way.

Here is a good write up on making room for it for the battery box.

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=46840

Looks like you can use a gsxr or busa shock as well.

Edit: After looking at your sweet ass tail set up you may not have to worry about the battery box. What are you doing for a battery and where are you putting it?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes