Quit trying to turbocharge little bikes on a budget - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Quit trying to turbocharge little bikes on a budget

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
Monkey Wrench Cycles
that one legged bastard
Fighterer
Monkey Wrench Cycles's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:21 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Monkey Wrench Cycles is well likedMonkey Wrench Cycles is well likedMonkey Wrench Cycles is well likedMonkey Wrench Cycles is well likedMonkey Wrench Cycles is well likedMonkey Wrench Cycles is well liked
Default Re: Quit trying to turbocharge little bikes on a budget

Depends on what your talking little? 500-600cc? 250cc? Pocket bikes/scooters 49-150cc?

90% of the turbo bikes ive seen have been hack builds. Ebay turbos that blow up within a month or less, homemade turbo headers and intakes that look like a retarded monkey welded them, and no thought whatsoever to the fuel requirements/mapping/timing needed to properly tune a turbo setup.

As far as small turbos i wouldnt turbo anything less than 250cc, although i had a guy want me to turbo his 150cc scooter one time until he found out it was going to be alot more than anticipated since i dont do hack jobs... One thing people fail to take into account is the parts availability/support of certain bikes. Sure you cant turbo a 250 ninja but since nobody offers aftermarket connecting rods and forged low compression pistons for it(to my knowledge), then you better do your homework and see what rods/pistons you can use from another bike with similar specs on those parts if you want to keep the engine together, just to point out a couple obvious(to me) points.

Im turboing a 500cc thumper and adding homebrew fuel injection with microsquirt and ive done ALOT of research on turboing a single cylinder bike as its an entirely different ballgame from the run of the mill busa turbo setup... Ive got the turbo being built right now, a Garrett(no ebay turbo for me), the head is getting sent out next week to be CNC ported and larger exhaust valve installed, im also getting the head O-ringed at the cylinder and also at the intake since ill be running high boost.

The main point is to do a ton of research and talk to every person you can who has ever turboed anything if you want something that will stay together and be as much fun a year down the road as it is the day its built. Just my .02c

"You can't know where your going until you know where you've been"

Http://www.monkeywrenchmotorcycles.com
Monkey Wrench Cycles is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Monkey Wrench Cycles!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #12
Poopie
GOOROO of da POO POO

CF Pimp
Poopie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:21 PM
Flip Offs: 132
Flipped Off 91 Times in 61 Posts
Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?

“When the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box”

EL RoY Build

EL RoY Discussion

Chickamauga Warhorse Build

Chickamauga Warhorse (discussion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDogg007
If I fuck this up bear with me. I am on some serious pain meds for kidney stones and flying like a mofo here.
Poopie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #13
Monkey Wrench Cycles
that one legged bastard
Fighterer
Monkey Wrench Cycles's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:21 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Monkey Wrench Cycles is well likedMonkey Wrench Cycles is well likedMonkey Wrench Cycles is well likedMonkey Wrench Cycles is well likedMonkey Wrench Cycles is well likedMonkey Wrench Cycles is well liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?

This is...
Id say turboing anything for under $5k out the door IS budgeting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsryder View Post
I have a tad over 4K in my turbo GS build including the bike. I am sure it is not to everyones liking and I cut every corner when it came to aesthetics but it is a turboed Suzuki none the less.

"You can't know where your going until you know where you've been"

Http://www.monkeywrenchmotorcycles.com
Monkey Wrench Cycles is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #14
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOME®

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:21 PM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

James, you have been missed my friend.

soooooo..................how's that 250 running?
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CK 187!
The Following User Says F-U to CK 187 For This Post:
stuntninja (09-16-2011)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #15
shift1313
GURU

shift1313's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Wrench Cycles View Post
This is...
depends on the bike/car Some bikes can handle it a lot better with little/no mods. I wouldnt spend 5k on a turbo system, but mine is possibly the slowest build in history
shift1313 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shift1313!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #16
sweeper
VVItapdatassVV
Fighterer
sweeper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:21 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 8 Times in 1 Post
sweeper is a good noobiesweeper is a good noobiesweeper is a good noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Wrench Cycles View Post
This is...
The only things that should be turbo'd run on diesel, for everything else there's NO2, Superchargers, Nitromethane and higher compression pistons.

(BTW, I drive diesels and Big-block Mopars)

Quote:
I want to move to some forgotten place, and just live life until the sun is blocked out by the bombs...
Nekkid Fizzer
Leader Bike
sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #17
shift1313
GURU

shift1313's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
The only things that should be turbo'd run on diesel, for everything else there's NO2, Superchargers, Nitromethane and higher compression pistons.

(BTW, I drive diesels and Big-block Mopars)
I dont know, my turbo car is pretty fun and its gasoline
shift1313 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #18
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus

fun little read i just had

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #19
sweeper
VVItapdatassVV
Fighterer
sweeper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:21 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 8 Times in 1 Post
sweeper is a good noobiesweeper is a good noobiesweeper is a good noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift1313 View Post
I dont know, my turbo car is pretty fun and its gasoline
Once you drive a blown big block car, the rice grinders just seem like kid's toys.

Quote:
I want to move to some forgotten place, and just live life until the sun is blocked out by the bombs...
Nekkid Fizzer
Leader Bike
sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived sweeper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #20
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus

Serious a fat hemi that makes 900 hp very unefficiently.... i'd take my AWD dsm anyday
horsepower is pish posh

power to weight is were it's at

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ultimate fighter!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power