Jackstands 00 SV650 Part II - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Jackstands 00 SV650 Part II

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:03 PM
Flip Offs: 321
Flipped Off 209 Times in 127 Posts
Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser
Default Jackstands 00 SV650 Part II

I feel as though I have turned a corner in life with my SV650, and it's only fitting that I start her Winter progress with a fresh start in a brand new thread. I will sum up all the progress so far in two versions.

The long version of course being Part I

And the second being the "Cliff's Notes" if you will. I got my 2000 SV650 in the Fall of 2009. With it when I bought it was tons of goodies like brand new tires, vortex rearsets/gas cap/sprocket, renthal bars, etc. This is how she sat:

Over the past year and a half she's had several things done to her, and this is how she sat as of last Summer:

With the end of the 2011 riding season approaching, I came to the conclusion that I needed to show my appreciation for all my bike has given me so far by way of a mild build. It was in the midst of all my planning, budgeting, and trying to get every last mile from her tired chain that this happened:

On my way to work, the chain jumped off the rear sprocket and collided into the clutch pushrod while entering an on ramp. It was a sad day, but the accident went as good as anyone could hope for and it only gave me more reason to set her up better than ever.

It rained the following morning. It was a sad day indeed:

My riding season had come to an early end, but it has given me nothing but experience, motivation, and time to get her back on the road with a vengeance. That's all for now, stay tuned as we go a little further into part II. Thanks for viewing.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Jackstand Johnny!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus
Default Re: Jackstands 00 SV650 Part II

GET A MOTOR CHUMP

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

nothing wrong with that there motor. just need a new clutch pushrob and pushrod seal, sprockets, chain, and to park it in my driveway and itll be right as rain.... ok maybe not that last part haha

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived piester!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf1200R View Post
GET A MOTOR CHUMP
Haha, yeah the engines fine as far as I know. It just isn't practical for me to get her back on the road for one month, just to take her back offline. I've got some big plans for her, pics to come soon.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Jackstand Johnny!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackstand Johnny View Post
Haha, yeah the engines fine as far as I know. It just isn't practical for me to get her back on the road for one month, just to take her back offline. I've got some big plans for her, pics to come soon.
git r dun

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

So after much deliberation I sat down with a pen and pad, and wrote out a list of things I wanted to do to my bike over the Winter. Here's the list as it sits on the table:

GSXR Front End
Trailtech Vapor Gauges
50mm Headlight Bracket/Redesigned Headlight
Fatbars/Grips
New Throttle Cables
New Exhaust/Muffler
525 Sprockets/Chain
New Swingarm
GSXR Wear Wheel?
Paint?
Clutch
Shift Star
Mirrors
Frame Cosmetics
Seat Pins

I have this list divided into three catagories:
1. Maintenance
2. Performance
3. Cosmetics

I also had it all broken down into three phases:
1. December
2. January
3. February

I thought this would be enough time to get everything right, but something tells me I'm gonna be glad I got the extra month to work on it.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #7
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

So after all that I started combing Ebay and Craiglist. Ive already ordered a set of 04/05 GSXR 600 forks, upper, lower, and axle as well as a TwinWorksFactory upper bearing kit and the clutch pushrod/oil seal. While waiting on those I found a nice 04 GSXR 1000 front wheel with rotors and Tokico gold calipers with decent pads left in em.

I also already had a stock SV exhaust and swingarm compliments of Knifemaker87. Thanks again Chris, theyre not going to waste!
10/19/11
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

I spent a few hours in my "shop" cleaning everything, seeing how it all comes apart, and regreasing the bearings/collars on the swingarm.

Tokico radial brake calipers from an 04/05 GSXR 600/750, fits other models/years as well:

The swinger, not an upgrade but in much better shape than mine:

Swingarm knuckle:

I also cleaned up the front wheel as best I could. Not much else I can do right now. Once I get all my parts in, Carmen's gonna stay at my big Brother's house for the build. He was a brick sidewalk to a shed with a breezeway and outdoor work space. I didn't think he'd go for letting me use it, but Im gonna help him with some stuff in return. Now I won't have to worry about any assholes, idiots, or prying eyes while I work on my bike over the next few months. Pics of Carmen's Winter home coming soon.
These people High Fived Jackstand Johnny!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter

you paintin the swinger?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #10
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

honestly id say either go with a 530 (strength) or 520 (light weight) sprocket and chain combo. and definitely not an aluminum rear sprocket ha.

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived piester!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes