Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Barber Vintage Festival 2019

6K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  MDM 
#1 ·
It's only a week and a half away, and it's only just struck me as to how I should ask on here if anyone is going?
I am...
And, for those who have been before, do you have any recommendations for the weekend? :D:D

#5 ·
Oh, set aside an entire day for the museum. It's worth taking the time and doing it right.

Don't overlook the wall of death as a child attraction. It's totally badass and the guys are worth hanging around after the show and talking to for a bit. Since pretty cool stories there.

One of these years in gonna set aside a day to watch the vintage trials guys do their thing. I keep missing that.

#8 ·
Cmaaaahn with the late notice! Dammit.

Truckinduc seems to go every year I think...

#10 ·
M not gonna make it this year either... The Museum is a must. Take Eric's advice and set aside at least 4 to 5 hours for it & go as early as you can during the day. Barber will fill up fast - by noon it will be packed.

We got to tour the museum this July during a week day... it was awesome. Almost had the whole place to ourselves.

Swap meet is a vintage re-builders dream / nightmare. Too much good stuff everywhere.

While in Birmingham definitely go and eat at either or both. "Nick's Westside Seafood" & the "Whistle Stop Café" in Irondale. You will not be dis-appointed. Both are under 15 minutes form the track.

When at Barber check out the Ace Café Corner for beer - music - merchandise. You can sit on top of the hill from Ace Corner good view of turn 13 as the bikes go by. Definitely use the golf cart for up & down the hill... you'll know what I mean when you get there.

And If ya'll get in trouble down there ya'll can give me call... I can get family to intervene on your behalf. :gdogg: 847-833-7522

Have a great time.

Might make next year.
Beez.

#12 ·
I have gone 3 out of the last 4 years. I missed last year because I bought a house and I'll be missing this year because I'll be working on the house.

Been through the museum 4 times. It grows every year and there are some amazing vehicles in there. Definitely plan to spend the better part of a day in there and if you want to take decent photos of anything, get there right away in the morning before it gets packed. If you've never seen it, the Christmas tree of motorcycles is worth the price of admission alone.

The swap meet is pretty big. If you want deals then get there early on the first day. Even though it's a vintage event there are still plenty of newer bikes and parts for sale.

The designated show areas are nice but I get more excited by all the odd builds you see lining the access roads that people ride around on. There's some crazy stuff so maybe do a lap to scope things out and then walk back to certain spots and hope the vehicle is still there. I'd also suggest parking your bike and taking the train/cart/trolley thing around the track instead. It sucks trying to get anywhere on your own bike and having to idle behind those things as they go 10mph.

Don't forget to walk through the pits too. I was there a couple years ago when they had the Brittens as the main attraction. Getting up close to a fleet of them was a once in a lifetime opportunity. The pits usually have a pretty good main attraction like that.

The top of the hill at the Ace corner is probably the best view of the track but I've never spent much time at the base of the hill by the vendors. The bike show in there sometimes has some neat stuff but I usually don't spend the extra money to get access the Ace corner.

#13 ·
Fantastic, thanks for the info guys! :cfrocks:
I'll have a press pass so hoping to be able to get trackside for some racing pics, although I'll be with family too so having to do a mix of work / fun / family time.
Am going to take a bit of spare cash for bike bits, and with any luck I'll get enough time to scan through the swap meet / autojumble, but also hoping to catch up with a few mates / industry types as well.
I have a feeling that the three days will be nowhere near enough time to do all the things that I want to do...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.