Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Post a pic of how your bike currently sits.

637K views 4K replies 647 participants last post by  929_adam 
#1 ·
I'm bored so I thought I throw up some pics of how my bike currently sits. Tore it down to make a new headlight mount, install hydraulic clutch, install choke cable and do some moderate subframe tweaking. Also removed Raask rearsets so I can install some GSXR rearsets I have on the way.

Here's how it currently sits.

What's everyone else's bike look like?

Later, Doug

See less See more
#3,481 ·
I'm trying to clean up the wiring, correct some undersized factory wiring...
Okay its not just me... I've also noticed the small gauge wire that Ducati uses. Kind of ironic since the company started out manufacturing electrical components before switching to motorcycles after WWII.

#3,482 ·
Whaaa... Whats going on here? Why is forkless posting pictures of stock vintage bikes? Okay, here's the deal... as most of you know I'm either building something from scratch, but butchering the shit out of an existing bike. However, with everyone on lock-down from C-19, I haven't figured out a safe way to access my shop (its across town at another house with people living there). So I've had to figure out how to occupy time with just hand tools. So, out come some vintage bikes that need work. No chopping. No machining. No welding. Just good old fashioned wrench turning for now.

The RD400 Daytona Special I purchased 22+ years ago. It was heavily modified at the time. I rode it once, then sold off all of the after-market parts. Over the years I've slowly collected the original parts to put it back together. I got it about 99% complete, but never started till last week. It runs now! I'm supper happy. It still needs some fine tuning and good bleeding of the brakes. But will be ready to ride once the lock-down is over.

The '77 RD400 (French blue) I purchased about 9 years ago for $200 on Craigslist. I was looking for donor bike for Dirtbag and actually ended up with four RDs. A 250, a 350, and 2 400s. The other 400 was cobbled together from parts and became my DBC donor bike. The Blue bike was about 90% complete, but in VERY rough condition. Biggest issues was a mangled wiring harness. The RD frame (far right in picture) was purchased around the same time and has a perfect harness. So today I'm swapping the good harness over. The engine is out of the bike and will be rebuilt. The goal is to get the bike running and safe to ride while keeping the original "patina"... and hoping to keep total investment to around $500.

The last bike is my '75 KT250 trials bike. Few people know that Kawasaki made trials bikes for 2 years in the mid-70s. This bike is all original and I've competed in a few AHRMA trials events on it. More recently its been sitting for a few years with a bad float in the carb. Last week I replaced the float and bike runs perfect again!

Okay, so that how a few of my bikes currently sit (and are being worked on).

[/url]20200411_191118 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]20200418_123850 by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]91910764_10158268446014468_6647928428618055680_o by andbike, on Flickr[/IMG]

#3,499 ·
Went to the dyno Thursday south of Chicago to Valley Racing.
Had to do some A/F runs to figure out where my jetting was on the RZV.
Still lean everywhere....but now I know that I am finally getting close to satisfaction.

https://www.facebook.com/157353800971854/videos/311673996793205/

The TZR/SP had a good A/F reading, but the restricted factory ignition box and the fact that the powerjet circuit of the 36 Mikunis are not hooked up....and a restrictor ring in the air inlets kill the powerband after 9000RPM.
After the RZV is 100% finalized, I will hook up the SUGO kit ignition, wire in the powerjets, and mount the SPR air inlets to unrestict the poor little bike to a proven 62-65 RWHP.
I needed a base setting to get an idea where to start with the full power jetting.

#3,503 ·
Information / photos about all my projects have been erased by the new forum format....
Fighters of the month...Fighter build off bikes....
Doubt I will be back
Thanks to all you old guys before the new world order came in...your words of help and sometimes dislike brought out ideas to try myself.

Motor vehicle Motorcycle Tire Wheel Automotive design

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle

Motorcycle Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Fuel tank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.