Turnip's ZX6R Evo - Page 47 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Turnip's ZX6R Evo

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 01:45 AM   #461
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:33 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Turnip's ZX6R Evo

pickled turnip?
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 11:30 AM   #462
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:33 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Arts and crafts time, kiiiiids!

Lug does not approve of cardboard as a material

Little cutout to clear the shock mount

Whew. That's done, time for a break

Carefulling

Oh God I bent it

Just add more cardboard and tape no one will notice

Yeah, now stack some junk on there. Bright colors!

Gonna be fuckpiles of room for activities in my 'lectrics tray. The ECU is hiding under the old cowl. I have a plan for ventilation but I may yet relocate the R/R somewhere more open. Maybe down in the belly pan like I was thinking about before. Shorter wiring runs from the stator that way might be worth considering?

This space intentionally left blank.
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived TURNIP!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2020, 10:48 AM   #463
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
pickled turnip?
It's been around 33C here the past couple of weeks, pickled in my own juices + all the usual suspects

Haven't drank water like this since I got out

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2020, 03:03 AM   #464
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Couple layers of yer hardware store fiberglass cloth, had some in a box dunno the weight.

And of course plenty of bloo tape

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2020, 06:01 PM   #465
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

More layers.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2020, 08:31 PM   #466
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Bit of a trim

Has enough overlap that it clicks into place and doesn't shift about

Fuse box under the tail hump, ECU, light control board and battery under the seat. R/R will go in the belly pod.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2020, 04:26 AM   #467
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Aluminimum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2020, 12:51 AM   #468
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Bit more mockup. Now that my thicker nichrome wire is here maybe can cut my foam parts to finish out the sides and bottom of the tail/side stingers. Gonna take a stab at using clay to both transition all these parts together and sculpt out the ass interface area of the seat a bit, mainly widening the flat area for the purpose to receive my luxurious rear end. This is only going to have superbike foam over it and maybe some vinyl so it needs to be inherently tolerable.

I already have a number of changes in mind for this winter after the thing is "done" for a minute first. Almost sure I'm gonna switch to superbike style bars, redo the exhaust link pipe at least partially (bought bends for doing this a while back and didn't get to it) and adjust the belly pan position and a couple other little things I don't want to delay in favor of right now

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2020, 01:52 AM   #469
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:33 AM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Just a thing to keep in mind, clay shrinks as it dries. How do I know...

Yamaha XJR 1300 `99
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2020, 03:34 AM   #470
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Just a thing to keep in mind, clay shrinks as it dries. How do I know...
This round will be non-drying stuff that is basically plastic at room temperature, specifically for making positives for this kinda stuff. I'll take a picture of the label on one of the bricks later I think there's photos earlier in the thread. You have to hit it with a heat gun to get it formable then it hardens again as it cools. Mine's from a French sounding company.

My earlier experiments with the water based clay I had lying around definitely showed a ton of shrinkage.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes