Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Should I use a fairing nose for my bike

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  eccles291 
#1 ·
Hello, just joined the form and am glad I found y'all. I am converting my triumph sprint st into a streetfighter. I cant choose between a single lamp config or a fairing nose.. Does the nose tip make that much of a difference at high speeds? I still love to open it up but prefer the look of the raw headlight. I already have a digital multi gage so it will be a clean, mean look. Any suggestions? Skippy

#2 ·
Welcome to the asylum. :D

A small nose fairing can make a difference, even a fly screen can help redirect wind blast from in your face to over your head but their effectiveness is dependent on many things. e.g. - your height, riding position, bike, size of the fairing/fly screen, body position on the bike etc etc. Basically there are so many variables there's no single answer. All I'd say is, if you prefer the naked look, and don't plan on doing a huge amount of long distance miles, then go with just the headlight. If you find you're getting neck ache a lot, then look into fitting a small fly screen.

I used to have a Kwak GT550 and did huge miles on it (I was a motorcycle courier at the time) and found that just adding a flyscreen on the headlight made a noticeable difference to wind blast, comfort and noise levels at motorway speeds. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.