Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Bolt on subframe

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Mick 
#1 ·
Anyone ever built a bolt on subframe which can easily be removed? I have a one person R1 seat on my Bandit. Love the look, but i also have a Monster seat laying around. I'd like to build 2 subframes which can be easily swapped in a few minutes in case i need to take someone with me. Post some pics, plz!

#2 ·
Come kind of quick fitting would suffice. But you cant fit any electrics up in tail. Or you can make subframe stub with electrics and make twonsubframes that can be fit onto that. Like slide the whole unit from top and have spring loaded holder somewhere.

Reactions: 929_adam
#5 ·
Just did it recently, used a monster 821 subframe and made the bandit frame so that the monster frame easily unbolts, only mod I made to the monster frame was a custom seat mounting bracket (front) and drilled out 2 existing holes for the rear tank mount.

https://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137776

Also turned up some fancy stainless nuts with m12 threads and an 18mm shoulder to take up the top mount holes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.