2000 SV650 with Ducati monster seat - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 2000 SV650 with Ducati monster seat

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-17-2015, 06:23 PM   #11
claytonisbob
Fighter
claytonisbob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:24 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
claytonisbob is really niceclaytonisbob is really niceclaytonisbob is really niceclaytonisbob is really niceclaytonisbob is really niceclaytonisbob is really niceclaytonisbob is really niceclaytonisbob is really nice
Default Re: 2000 SV650 with Ducati monster seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
Are those the stock risers? They look fantastic.
Honestly I always assumed they were stock, but I can't find a picture of them anywhere on another bike that look exactly like these so I don't know. They don't have any branding on them so I still assume so.

1992 GSXR 7/12 - Build Thread
1981 Yamaha XV920R cafe Build Thread
2000 SV650 Rando upgrades
claytonisbob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-10-2019, 04:48 PM   #12
ty_harper99
NoObie
Noobie
ty_harper99's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:24 PM
Flip Offs: 0
ty_harper99 is a NOOB

How does the seat fix onto the frame, and where please? 🙂
ty_harper99 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-11-2019, 05:05 AM   #13
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:24 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
Are those the stock risers? They look fantastic.
Nope, they're aftermarket risers bolted into a top yoke from a faired model. The naked SV has risers cast into the top yoke ;-)
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #14
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

They look like aftermarket Harley (gasp) Davidson risers. Most likely machined to accept 7/8" handle bars. Or could be from an aftermarket Triumph catalog with no machining necessary. Just a guess.

Fuck all that... we gotta get on with this!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2019, 04:40 PM   #15
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:24 PM
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
Nope, they're aftermarket risers bolted into a top yoke from a faired model. The naked SV has risers cast into the top yoke ;-)
Nope. 2nd gens might have cast in risers but 1st gens were separate. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2002-S...YAAOSwLMFcsSua

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-triple-...rd!94501!US!-1 1st gen S have different bolt angle etc, so that's a factory N clamp

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-13-2019, 06:58 AM   #16
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

Hmmm, I have a top yoke with cast in risers that I thought was from a naked SV (curvy)... although I am now thinking that it could be from a 600 bandit. Anyways, those risers are deffo aftermarket ;-)
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #17
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

I don't *think* 2nd gens were cast in either, I just haven't had a factory one.

I agree that the risers aren't stock.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-13-2019, 08:36 PM   #18
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Trying to says this... Bikes sold in the UK & Europe will differ slightly from the same models we get in the USA. Example - USA Ducati's have those hideous bicycle reflectors on the fork legs... ya don't see them on Ducati models sold in the UK & Europe.

Fuck all that... we gotta get on with this!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived beezwiz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2019, 03:05 AM   #19
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:24 AM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 12 Times in 9 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezwiz View Post
Trying to says this... Bikes sold in the UK & Europe will differ slightly from the same models we get in the USA. Example - USA Ducati's have those hideous bicycle reflectors on the fork legs... ya don't see them on Ducati models sold in the UK & Europe.
Oh believe me you do, it's just that they usually get taken off as soon as possible here
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-10-2019, 02:45 AM   #20
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I don't *think* 2nd gens were cast in either, I just haven't had a factory one.

I agree that the risers aren't stock.
2nd gen nakeds come with separate risers and top triple that bolt together with cushioning rubbers.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes