Chat with an ASE Master Technician - Page 29 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-30-2019, 03:18 PM   #281
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:59 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Won't a misfire read way lean, as there's a bunch of O2 left after it?

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-30-2019, 10:41 PM   #282
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:59 PM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
misfires can affect O2 sensors with the unburnt fuel. on the O2 sensor stuff, do you have exhaust leaks near the sensors? That'll throw them off for sure. Also, hows the air filter and MAF?
No leaks near the sensors. Air filter is clean, I haven't cleaned the MAF yet, but wouldn't be surprised if it needs it
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2019, 10:31 AM   #283
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:59 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Won't a misfire read way lean, as there's a bunch of O2 left after it?
depends on the severity of the misfire. get a bunch in a row and itll go rich and the cats will overheat from the fuel. thats whats causes the check engine light to flash, excess fuel i the catalyst system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2019, 12:13 PM   #284
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

I'd have thought that the pre-cat O2 would read lean, the cat would get hot due to trying to burn all the unburned fuel, it wouldn't do a perfect job, and the post-cat O2 would also read lean

but I don't know what I'm talking about, just guessing

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-03-2019, 06:46 PM   #285
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I'd have thought that the pre-cat O2 would read lean, the cat would get hot due to trying to burn all the unburned fuel, it wouldn't do a perfect job, and the post-cat O2 would also read lean

but I don't know what I'm talking about, just guessing
Did some reading and you're def right about lean and misfires. Engine is basically a big air pump at the point of misfire and O2 will read lean during the misfire. it probably smell like a fuel dump but O2 will read lean.

Quote:
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

XxGRYMMxX is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #286
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

how many things will cause a no start in a 4.6 3v, but not throw a dtc. 3 times... then after a couple minutes, ie go get my reader and plug it in.. then start.

fuel pressure not being one of them
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-10-2019, 03:51 PM   #287
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

was it hot when it wouldn't start? Crank position sensors can cause crank no starts when hot and they wont throw a code unless the engine stalls while running from the sensor going open. once they cool down a bit it'll usually start again. easy check with a scanner, just watch the RPM readout while cranking. really erratic numbers or no reading are good signs of a failed/failing sensor.

Quote:

This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-10-2019, 10:49 PM   #288
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

it was cold..

turns out the fuel pump fuse melted.. but didnt pop.. so.. swapped out and it's fine..

i suppose when i originally checked the fuel pressure it was just residual.. or maybe it primed for a second.. i dunno
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #289
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

weird. cool that you got it sorted though. engine def wont run with no fuel pressure.

Be wary of that pump though, if the fuse melted it was drawing to much current. might not be failed yet but on the way out.

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2019, 01:06 AM   #290
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
weird. cool that you got it sorted though. engine def wont run with no fuel pressure.

Be wary of that pump though, if the fuse melted it was drawing to much current. might not be failed yet but on the way out.
yeah youtube seems to say it basically powers everything fuel related injectors.. controller...

i was like fuck.. i havent even done the cam phasers yet.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion