My Big Build - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > My Big Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #31
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:11 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: My Big Build

I am leaning towards leaving the bearing pockets in the neck undersize, then final boring them once the frame is 100% welded, that way I can be certain the steering stem and swingarm pivot are bob on
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2016, 12:45 AM   #32
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:11 AM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 22 Times in 21 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 

Thatsa good idea Yan.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-30-2016, 04:28 PM   #33
yantosh
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

I wasn't happy that the cross piece of the jig was spot on, so I loosened everything off and took the swingarm pivot pin back out. While I was putting it all back together I remembered I had a steel tube with inserts in the ends with 20mm holes, used it while putting new pivot points in the Z650 frame, so that's in the frame now ready for attaching to the jig

It has a mashup of spacers along with it, but I'll make proper ones

the lower insert was trimmed to length

and the front mounting plates started

If all goes to plan the old frame will be off tomorrow

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-30-2016, 10:23 PM   #34
akjell
Fighterer
Local Time: 08:11 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
akjell is a glorious beacon of lightakjell is a glorious beacon of lightakjell is a glorious beacon of lightakjell is a glorious beacon of lightakjell is a glorious beacon of lightakjell is a glorious beacon of lightakjell is a glorious beacon of lightakjell is a glorious beacon of lightakjell is a glorious beacon of lightakjell is a glorious beacon of lightakjell is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure what I like better here -- the bike or that build jig. Awesome work!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2016, 10:02 AM   #35
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:11 AM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBO View Post
That's were i go wrong ,all I use is wood fer this stuff
I've used wood jigs for all my stuff too. It can be fine in terms of accuracy, but it's only really suited for single use jigs where you don't need access to all sides of a joint. Would get knocked around to much in the process of building a whole frame, and get in the way of welding. And that's ignoring the damage it would take from fire....
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2016, 11:33 AM   #36
yantosh

the old frame is off the jig, today has been a battle between me trying to get things done and my inner chimp wanting to smash the whole fuckin place ...... I fed him beer and hoped for the best .

I've been checking the specs of the new GSR compared to the GSXR, the GSXR has a rake angle of 23.5' where as the high barred GSR is 25' , the last thing I want is to go to all this grief and end up with a bike that's super twitchy and tries to launch me into the scenery at every opportunity (i'm old enough to realise I'm no super hero)....

soo I'll change the neck angle a bit , make adjustable offset yokes (letting me set the trail ) , an adjustable swingarm pivot and ride height adjuster for the shock... hopefully that'll be enough to set it up

I'm having a cup of tea..... pics soon
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2016, 12:58 PM   #37
yantosh

looks like I'm done welding for the next week or so

but I was able to get to this point

I'll need to collect the throttle bodies and airbox, should have done that yesterday when I was at the shop

but since I'd got this far I had a mess about with flexi pipe

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-31-2016, 06:46 PM   #38
yantosh

31st Dec.. 23:00hr...what to do ?

design frame components

that's the inserts for the adjustable swingarm pivot point drawn up , they are of course subject to change, but the basics are there, I can get 5mm up or down with these

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2017, 05:52 PM   #39
yantosh

it would appear I have me a headstock.... all by my own hand too

and so it begins
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2017, 05:55 PM   #40
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:11 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

fuck yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes