My Big Build - Page 42 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > My Big Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2017, 02:47 PM   #411
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:50 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Yantosh - big tube GSXR

matched up the knee cut outs on both sides
Attached Images

yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #412
yantosh
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

filler cap...... one off, two off, central, offset....????????
Attached Images

This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2017, 03:02 PM   #413
yantosh

the addition I mentioned before , it'll sit between the frame rails and have the fuel pump ring on it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank26.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	99250  
This user High Fived yantosh!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2017, 03:14 PM   #414
yantosh

dragged outside before it got dark to see top profile of tank, will deff make fitting the steering damper easier ,

think that's it for today , granted it's only 20:15... so there's time yet
Attached Images

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2017, 05:49 PM   #415
yantosh

I wanted to use the standard clocks, cos I gottum ,so they're free.... free is good , but I don't think that idea is going to fly, they'll ruin the lines, So I suppose I better carry on supporting the German economy and go back to motogadget . It was suggested to me that i could mount it in a bar riser, but I don't like that, so i'll possibly make a tank pod, not particularly practical from experience, it won't be in my natural eye line.... I'll decide once the subframes done and I can sit on properly

(that's just a 5 min mock up of the pod)
Attached Images

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-10-2017, 04:43 PM   #416
yantosh

speedo just been evicted, knocked up a ruff steering damper mount, and no,that's no false modesty, it's rough as fuck
Attached Images

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #417
yantosh

I liked the initial position, but there would have been no steering lock

So I moved it backwards, loads of room for steering, but further back than I really want... getting all Goldylocks and the 3 bears here
Attached Images

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-10-2017, 05:05 PM   #418
yantosh

think I have a position for it now, next the tank comes off and I mock up the anchor point, possibly need to modify the tank to suit it ...

and I'm going to look at speedo's with radiused profile on the top, reckon I can make it work with the top of the headlight
Attached Images

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2017, 05:50 PM   #419
yantosh

getting serious now , hole dug out for the filler neck , spoke to a friend who's done more of this than me and he says using the standard one will work, sand all paint off, key it and drill holes. the pocket is deeper than it needs to be, this'll let me put a couple of layers under the steel, then a couple of layers above. This is the last major hurdle ( keep telling myself that ) , once I have a tank then it's no diff to any other build, i'll be on familiar ground

fillers offset to the right, let me fill it more on the stand
Attached Images

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2017, 05:54 PM   #420
yantosh

and just cos i'm busy as fuck doesn't mean i can ignore friends in need

favours must be honored
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	yokes1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	99322  

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes