My Big Build - Page 51 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > My Big Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2018, 05:51 PM   #501
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:21 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Yantosh - big tube GSXR

i started the tanks first layer of diolen, be so glad when this is done

Name:  tank diolen.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  36.2 KB

used an old stainless bin lid to make a test piece for the paint, shiny flat surface with wax put on it , Deeks will take it away on Monday

Click image for larger version

Name:	test piece1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	838.9 KB
ID:	100070

Name:  test piece2.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  42.5 KB
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-25-2018, 03:52 PM   #502
yantosh
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

not much of an update today, ordered decent shears to cut the diolen, aramid type fibres are not as soft as they feel. flattened the top of the tail, prob end up with another coat of resin, but I'll leave that until I work on the tail light area tomorrow with Deeks, he's coming over with stuff more suited to that task.

ordered the wax additive for the gelcoat

started sizing up for the filler cap... cheap ones aren't cheap enough to justify not making one .... and if they were i'd find another excuse

made template for under seat electrics tray

measured for light brackets

and because

Name:	diolen3.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	388.3 KB
ID:	100078
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #503
yantosh

rh rearset about finished machining

Name:  rh rearset1.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  43.0 KB

Name:  rh rearset2.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  46.3 KB

Name:  rh rearset3.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  45.2 KB

bit of work on the pegs and then get to polishing

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2018, 04:32 PM   #504
yantosh

this'll sort my gel coat issues

Name:  wax additive.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  37.1 KB
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-28-2018, 04:41 PM   #505
yantosh

glued together an undertray

Name:  undertray1.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  43.2 KB

Name:  undertray2.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  42.4 KB

it'll end up in here , in my half finished subframe

Name:	undertray3.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	100102

Name:  undertray4.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  32.4 KB

but I want the brackets invisible from the outside of the bike, so that's for another day

template made for the front tray too

Name:  front lekky tray.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  37.6 KB
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #506
yantosh

nylon ends turned and fitted to the Ti pegs, not a CNC lathe in sight

spacers half done for the master cylinder position, but still need the carbon heel plates made

Name:	rearsets1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	292.1 KB
ID:	100108

Name:  rearsets2.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  36.8 KB

machined the top brace for the subframe .... CNC lent a hand here

Name:  subframe brace.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  47.4 KB
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #507
yantosh

was going to weld the brace in, but want to be able to lift it out to deal with electrics , think I have the brackets sorted out, try make them tomorrow

Name:	subframe brace1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	100114

these brackets are for the front tray, but are similar

Name:  front lekky tray2.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  41.4 KB

they will be attached here

Name:  front lekky tray3.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  37.6 KB

to take this (much neater than the crappy fibreglass one)

Name:  front lekky tray1.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  42.8 KB

turned a couple of bungs for the back of subframe rails too

Name:  subframe bung.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  27.9 KB
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-02-2018, 03:54 PM   #508
yantosh

mounting brackets macheened

Name:  subframe brace brackets.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  28.8 KB

reasets in a useable(if not pretty) state

Name:  rearsets4.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  65.8 KB

been a long couple of days, couch time tonight, back on this tomorrow
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-03-2018, 03:11 PM   #509
yantosh

brackets are tacked on, letting the subframe brace sit in its place

Name:  subframe brace2.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  49.0 KB

so the subframe can now come off and let me have a better look at hanging the undertray. I did almost weld it in place , so much easier, but that was me being lazy. There is a rear bracket holding it in place just now,I'lltack a front one on tomorrow

Name:  front lekky tray5.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  47.2 KB

while the welder was on I tacked the front plate brackets,I'll fully weld them and transfer the mounting holes once the frame's off the motor

Name:  front lekky tray4.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  43.4 KB
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-03-2018, 03:15 PM   #510
yantosh

chain and sprockets were ordered on Fri, ebay watch list is filling up with things, been in touch with brake line guy (try and size up tomorrow) need to work out how to get my frame number for MSVA

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes