My Big Build - Page 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > My Big Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #61
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:30 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: My Big Build

cheers
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #62
yantosh
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

bit more done to my loominum seahorse today, both sides machined and able to be mocked up in place . photo's are a bit shit, sorry

you can possibly see from here that it wouldn't actually be useable yet ; no way to get the engine bolt either in or out. I'll be cutting scallops out (keeping with the ocean theme) to suit the 14mm socket

i need to measure up for the lower suspension mount

and the mock up with the rough sizes for the top mount is about 10mm too short

the left hand engine mount will need to move a little , with the aid of a spacer , to allow the width of the adjustable shock mount

couple of jobs to do for friends so this can take a back seat for a couple of weeks now
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2017, 04:31 PM   #63
JAGspeed

Fighter
JAGspeed's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:30 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!JAGspeed is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 

Great build ! Really like the engineering so far. The CNC parts are going to make this bike have a cool mechanical look. Can't wait to see more.
JAGspeed is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2017, 06:51 PM   #64
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 07:30 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Looking great as ever. Keep it coming!

Idea for not having the socket gap, how about internal hex wheel nuts? Come in a variety of thread sizes. Could be over complicating but you know me.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130929740068

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2017, 02:39 AM   #65
yantosh

still wouldn't be able to get a stud through 30mm of solid aluminium to reach the engine mount , the scallop for the socket was always in the plan, just going to mark the position once initially assembled to make sure it's in the right place.
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #66
Gripen

Noobie
Gripen's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Gripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of light

that is what I am looking for my superbike project. Frame sideplates like MV Agusta. Love how it looks so far.
Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #67
yantosh

cheers Gripen, your jig is a better set up probably, but i'll be final machining me headstock once its all welded
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-22-2017, 05:45 PM   #68
yantosh

that'll let a socket through to tighten the engine bolt, the remaining aluminium is still thicker than the tube thickness it'll be welded to

a better view of the through hole

while I was at it I profiled the tube location

the top tube will be profiled to suit the rad on the plate , and probably put flats between the two tubes.... I'll work that out soon

pic just a rough visual indication with some offcuts from the arm I made

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2017, 05:24 AM   #69
Gripen

Noobie
Gripen's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Gripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of light

Question about the swingarm mount. Why build it this way? Why not just opening in the plate?
Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2017, 05:46 AM   #70
Gazmo65
Fighter In Training
Gazmo65's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:30 PM
Gazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to all

The notch to get to the engine mount and where the frame tube sits looks a little weak , would it not have been better to make it larger then notch the frame tube slide it over and weld around it , so as the plate sits in the the frame tube? This is not a criticism as there is no way I have the skills you have but just an observation, loving the build and keep the pictures coming.
Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes