My Big Build - Page 8 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > My Big Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2017, 07:19 AM   #71
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:23 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: My Big Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
Question about the swingarm mount. Why build it this way? Why not just opening in the plate?
the inserts for the swingarm mounts can be removed and replaced raising or lowering the pivot point by 5mm either way, when combined with adjustable top shock mount, the adjustable dogbones and the adjustable offset yokes they will hopefully let me sort any handling issues

that's the plan anyway
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2017, 07:28 AM   #72
yantosh
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazmo65 View Post
The notch to get to the engine mount and where the frame tube sits looks a little weak , would it not have been better to make it larger then notch the frame tube slide it over and weld around it , so as the plate sits in the the frame tube? This is not a criticism as there is no way I have the skills you have but just an observation, loving the build and keep the pictures coming.

those aren't the actual frame tubes, the frame tubes will be shaped to fit around the top of the side plate, the part of the side plate that has the notch in it is as much a guide for the rails as anything else, it wasn't initially in the design, I'm pretty confident that welding right round the lower tube to the side plate, then right round the top rail to the side plate then joining the 2 rails will be fine.

never fear tho, if I get that far and I'm not confident in it i'll re do it
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #73
Gazmo65
Fighter In Training
Gazmo65's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:23 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to allGazmo65 is a name known to all

Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-23-2017, 02:23 PM   #74
Gripen

Noobie
Gripen's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Gripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
the inserts for the swingarm mounts can be removed and replaced raising or lowering the pivot point by 5mm either way, when combined with adjustable top shock mount, the adjustable dogbones and the adjustable offset yokes they will hopefully let me sort any handling issues

that's the plan anyway
Smart. Looking forward to see the adjustable shock mount.
Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2017, 12:33 PM   #75
yantosh

redrew the mount, reckon it's nearer the mark, once both side plates are on i'll cut a trial template

friend turned a 24mm thread for me letting me start

got the first two flats cut at lunchtime today, then was able to pop it in the spark and cut the internal hex

the disc on the thread will end up as a trick locking nut
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2017, 12:46 PM   #76
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Nice work!

How did you cut the internal hex?

I've wanted to do that before, but the machine shop I use doesn't do "broaching".
Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2017, 03:21 PM   #77
yantosh

spark erosion , by far the easiest way
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-02-2017, 03:46 AM   #78
Gripen

Noobie
Gripen's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Gripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of lightGripen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
redrew the mount, reckon it's nearer the mark, once both side plates are on i'll cut a trial template

friend turned a 24mm thread for me letting me start

got the first two flats cut at lunchtime today, then was able to pop it in the spark and cut the internal hex

the disc on the thread will end up as a trick locking nut

Looks brilliant!Getting ideas for my mount.
Gripen is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Gripen!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-03-2017, 03:54 PM   #79
yantosh

more pretty things

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2017, 04:16 PM   #80
schlafen
Fighter
schlafen's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:23 PM
schlafen is a glorious beacon of lightschlafen is a glorious beacon of lightschlafen is a glorious beacon of lightschlafen is a glorious beacon of lightschlafen is a glorious beacon of lightschlafen is a glorious beacon of lightschlafen is a glorious beacon of lightschlafen is a glorious beacon of lightschlafen is a glorious beacon of lightschlafen is a glorious beacon of lightschlafen is a glorious beacon of light

What grade and thickness alloy tube are you using for the frame? I assume the lighter and stronger the better?!
Are you considering the final size of the frame as well ? Flexi pipe looks quite beefy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
schlafen is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes