Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker - Page 14 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2020, 06:17 PM   #131
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKat View Post
@Smoker, @MikeGyver thank you both, good to see you! Indeed, it's been a while since I posted, but I mainly lurked the CF forum, lots of things happened... i don't know if it's CF worthy but I got anothet project in the shape of a 50cc 2t Honda scooter, I'm still working on it, but everything is mostly ready to be assembled. This week will have a roller!! ��
size dosnt matter

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived titan!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2020, 03:17 PM   #132
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter
GoodKat's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Hey dickheads & cockheads. Today I took the bike from my friend. Not fully finished but almost there. I said that I can finish the job myself.

Right now I'm caught between two projects (Volty, a 50cc Honda Giorno scoot) and building my man-cave, but I got much more free time since I've quited my job for a while.

Weighed the exhaust system: 3174 grams. Pretty nice weight saving I might say.

Here is the roller in the final shape. I still need to finish some of the welds and clean some areas before powdercoating. Then I'll just assemble it.

GoodKat is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-24-2020, 08:47 AM   #133
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 03:35 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I like how you flipped it upside down to work on the bottom, I'd do that on BMX bikes as a kid

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #134
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
I like how you flipped it upside down to work on the bottom, I'd do that on BMX bikes as a kid <a href="http://www.customfighters.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Big Grin" >:-)</a>
&#x1f601; Need to buy / make myself a work bench for the bikes, I hate working on the ground level.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 07:50 AM   #135
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:35 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 22 Times in 19 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Can't wait to see this finished
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 08:09 AM   #136
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:35 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
&#x1f601; Need to buy / make myself a work bench for the bikes, I hate working on the ground level.
Get a lift table!!! Trust me the sting of paying for it fades the second you jack your bike at eye level for the first time not having to crouch or anything fiddling with the engine.

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 08:29 AM   #137
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter

Just did this exhaust hanger. Hand filed key slots and hot blued. It started as a round bar with a threaded hole on the inside.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 11:28 AM   #138
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Quote:
Get a lift table!!! Trust me the sting of paying for it fades the second you jack your bike at eye level for the first time not having to crouch or anything fiddling with the engine.
Hey Matty!! This is the plan for the future &#x1f604;
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-11-2020, 11:12 AM   #139
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter

Today, between house chores, I managed to make the mudguards. Made them out of fiber-glass. The front one weighs 305 grams, the rear one about 500 grams. That's a huge weight reduction compared to the stock steel ones. As far as I remember, both fenders weighed near to 2.5 kilograms.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2020, 05:25 PM   #140
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter

A little update: while looking on the local online market I saw a set of complete 1982 GS 450L wheels for pretty cheap money. (Not as cheap as some of you blokes can find things, but cheap, about $50 for both wheels, brake rotor, axles, speedo cable, speedo drive, spacers, etc)

They were pretty dirty and after a good scrub (about 2-3 hrs, this is the result)

The front wheel is a direct fit for everything on the standard forks, so one down. For the back wheel I think some spacers will be needed as far as I measured but I hope I can solve it.

I picked these wheels over the spoked ones because the spoked ones were not balanced anymore, some spokes were out of tension, spokes were rusty and MAYBE, even tho the alloy ones are tube types rims, I think tubeless tires can also be used (reading forums, some people tried, with no issues, even on more powerful bikes...mine has only 20 hp so there shouldn't be any issue).

Basically to refurbish the spoked ones would require a few hundreds $...buy stainless spokes, other rim circles or to refurbish the old ones, and then pay someone to lace and center them.

Anyway, here is the front wheel fitted, fitted in like a glove, one happy bloke here.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes