Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #51
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter
GoodKat's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:39 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroFret View Post
Cool project! I’m digging it, and excited to see where it goes.
Thanks! I’m trying to do my best. Somehow I’m angry because it lasts more than I estimated. The tank stayed @ the paint shop for 3 months, frame @ the welding shop for 8 months.

Hopefully I’ll get the frame in a few days and start finishing it then send it to the powder coating.

Cheers!
GoodKat is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived GoodKat!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-14-2018, 01:32 PM   #52
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

Removed some of the frame tabs that I won't need. I got a few more to go but will remove them after I'll drop the engine since I need to manipulate the frame in some weird Yoga poses.

The way the frame looks from the side.

Threw a GN250 seat on it just for a quick mock up. It looks a bit tall. That's because the seat doesn't align with the frame and the frame loop pushes the seat upwards. I'll build a custom seat. But first I need to figure out a way to use the standard locking mechanism and where to put the key lock. Or I'll just build a custom seat latch.

These people High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-15-2018, 02:09 PM   #53
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

throw that seat in a fire
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-15-2018, 03:17 PM   #54
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
throw that seat in a fire
Exactly my thoughts! This is why I want to build a custom one. The biggest concern right now is the battery tray.

I’m keeping the standard airbox since it will be used as a daily commuter and I have no idea on how to work with a carb. The airbox is pretty big which leaves me little room to fiddle with.

The standard battery tray is out of discussion since the tabs holding it were removed in the cleaning process.

I was considering putting a quality pod filter (not ebay mesh cheap ones) but I don’t know on what to look when I’m picking one, and who will do the right tuning for it.

I’m open to suggestions.
This user High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-19-2018, 07:52 PM   #55
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 15 Times in 9 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
You're doing some great work there chap, and this is going to be a rather cool little city bike I think, although I have to admit that I was a little disturbed by this pic...

Are you making bits in the nude?...
There ya go, most were just ignoring to fact... but nooooooooooooooooo you had bring it up. LMFAO!!!!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-20-2018, 11:55 PM   #56
tldave
CF Addict
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

no one ever gets pods to run right, they just lie and say they do, and only ride their bikes to get coffee or meet some friends lol.

just get a tiny tiny battery and jam it in someplace. if you got a cylindrical style batter from a big power tool, or a custom made mini one, and you could mount it pretty much anywhere, and you could put it in a metal water bottle, and drill a ton of holes in it so it gets air flow, but it still looks decent, and keeps with the
aesthetic of the bikes curves. similar to how people mount over flow reservoirs, but you could mount it wherever on the frame.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 03:48 AM   #57
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:39 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

@scottyp do you go only to hipster meets with pods?

Sent from Erics moms house

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 11:32 AM   #58
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:39 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

no one ever gets pods to run right .... that's a rather sweeping all knowing statement, keeping the inlet rubber from the airbox and fitting a ram air foam filter can free up space and run just fine,but.. the carb will need messed with,
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 11:34 AM   #59
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:39 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Dave is to stubborn to do that. And im saving bad words

Sent from Erics moms house

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 12:29 PM   #60
tldave
CF Addict

If they were actually functional, bikes would come with them. Manufacturers wouldn't spend more money than they need to. As well the aesthetic is superior, which would make podded bikes better sellers.

HMMMMMMM, I guess they like throwing money away on ever bike ever made, right?

Also, running right means you don't have to change your plugs every few hundred miles, you bike will actually idle at 1k, not overheat, and rev properly with no flat spots what so ever. like a stock bike in proper shape will. I have never, in my life, seen a podded bike do this. Every single one is running rich as fuck, and the revs will hang up for fucking ever until it runs all that trash you dumped into it, or has massive lean spots. Bikes that hang up on the revs are fucking useless. So are bikes you have to hope get through a lean spot if you get even a slight breeze coming your way or you had a big lunch.

And when you do get them to run somewhat close to what a bike with an airbox will run, they are far less efficient, but even then, they just never run as well. I have never seen one. He would be better off retrofitting cbr250 efi system to the bike, and running a 8-12" intake tube stuffed with foam. you could tuck it up under the tank or seat and no one would know.

here is my impression of all you european dudes building busted old 90s bikes and putting pods on them.

"It runs so well, it only took me 4 months to tune it. I mean, it still leans out up top of course, and sometimes its tricky to restart when its hot, but thats the valves or something else, certainly. (changes plugs every other month, bike gets 9mpg) But its great!"

I love all bikes. I am fucking with a carbed bike right now. I reek of gas and its pissing off my wife. But I will never pretend a podded bike will run as well as a bike with an airbox. I am not delusional. Nor would I ever recommend someone try to do it.

Also, you can take your "it works on dirt bikes" argument and fuck all the way off. All that does is prove my point. They are run rich as hell, and need constant maintenance, and they are all going to efi now cause its superior to cave man technology.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes