Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker - Page 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-21-2018, 12:49 PM   #61
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:23 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Kat's Volty two-fiddy Street Tracker

of course they use more fuel, they're pulling more air, and yes, most people will fit them and not have the bike set up properly so they have issues.

ooooh the manufacturers don't do it that way.... really, if that's your main concern this is the wrong neighbourhood, a rather simplistic argument, the manufacturers build the best compromise to fit a very wide ranging market, covering loads of countries, elevation changes, climates, noise regulations, emissions levels, fuel economy etc etc etc

As hard as it may be to believe, but just because you've never seen something in no way means it doesn't exist, irrespective of your self promoting oracle status , some things just take a lot more work, but as this is a custom bike forum and not flipemquick.com it's not an issue
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2018, 02:11 AM   #62
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter
GoodKat's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:23 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

via Imgflip Meme Generator

The new airbox will be centered inside the frame, will have a battery box and will use the standard air filter. I'll also fit a velocity stack inside the airbox. Fingers crossed!
GoodKat is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2018, 03:49 AM   #63
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:23 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

no, dont give up on pods... well fuck pods, get a stacks with mesh as a filter. hidden in stack. just to prove a point and be cool

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-31-2018, 07:11 PM   #64
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter
GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GoodKat is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Because painting an engine block is too complicated and I couldn’t source a paint that was gas and temp resistant, I decided to remove the paint of the engine cases and leave it raw. The side covers and rocker covers will be mirror polished.

Now I need to find a good cleaning solution to get down all the grime between the cooling fins.

These people High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2018, 04:14 AM   #65
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:23 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 23 Times in 20 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Neat TFR (traffic film remover) or maybe brick acid, not sure how brick acid would react with the metal though
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2018, 04:27 AM   #66
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

PBW (powdered brewery wash) and hot water. If it's grease/oil based crud it will fly out.

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #67
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter

The engine is about 70% finished. The cases are almost done, need to clean up the cylinder and going to polish the valves cover.

Until now I’ve spent about 12 hours on cleaning the cases. Probably it will take 12 more because I know myself.

Took out all the grime and dirt behind the sprocket cover. I noticed that the Neutral sensor lacks a cover (or at least this is my impression).

Here is the sprocket area and a photo with the tools used on cleaning the engine...some of them.

Now it’s time for some whoring. Even though it’s not much, I’ve saved this little abused guy: in the first picture an M19 rear axle nut that was in a pretty bad shape. Being a cheap bastard, I took some meat from it making it an M18 and saved myself a few dollars instead of buying one from the shop. It’s the little things that matter.

These people High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2018, 04:15 PM   #68
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 07:23 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Great work on the engine, you have way more patience than me.

I've done a CBR900 engine which was pretty badly corroded, I used Gunk engine cleaner spray (lots) rinsed down with soapy water before painting with silver engine paint. It worked well and stayed nice, which bare metal won't. See post 22 and downwards here: https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/thre...-000km-tidy-up

You've reduced the hex size from 19mm to 18mm, but the thread size (probably M12) hasn't changed. It's a fun thing to do, but remember it no longer has any zinc coating on it, so it will rust, and very quickly.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2018, 05:55 PM   #69
GoodKat
Mr. Good Kat
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
Great work on the engine, you have way more patience than me.

I've done a CBR900 engine which was pretty badly corroded, I used Gunk engine cleaner spray (lots) rinsed down with soapy water before painting with silver engine paint. It worked well and stayed nice, which bare metal won't. See post 22 and downwards here: https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/thre...-000km-tidy-up

You've reduced the hex size from 19mm to 18mm, but the thread size (probably M12) hasn't changed. It's a fun thing to do, but remember it no longer has any zinc coating on it, so it will rust, and very quickly.
Hey! My biggest concern about painting the engine is the paint’s resistance to gas, oil and grease.

I might have found a paint and primer for the engine from VHT.

The primer is called: VHT SP 148 Light Grey Primer and the paint is VHT Engine Enamel.

Never used VHT paints fo I might test it on a piece of scrap metal.

If any of you successfuly tested a kind of paint for engine blocks that is gas / fuel resistant and you’re located in Europe / the paint is available in Europe, let me know.

The nut, along with some more bits and pieces will be sent to zinc plating.
This user High Fived GoodKat!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #70
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Havent used vht paints myself but have read about other biker guys ordering their stuff from the middle parts of europe as "the good stuff" is banned here nowadays, cannot recommend a spesific product but the brand name has come up in similar situations before

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes