Matty`s sunk cost fallacy (Bashan street quad) - Page 10 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty`s sunk cost fallacy (Bashan street quad)

View Poll Results: Which road to take?
Fix`n flip 2 28.57%
Full custom rebuild 2 28.57%
No fucks hoontrike 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2020, 05:12 PM   #91
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:08 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty`s China Street Quad

Wheel #1/4 ready to receive the tire back on. Next I need to figure out a way to jack the quad up on the table so that I can take both front wheels off. And get some other brand silver paint, the silver needs a WEEK to fully cure, the black was touch dry enough to remove the masking tapes in 15 MINUTES!

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2020, 02:56 PM   #92
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:08 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

maybe the long cure time will mean a solid paint that wont chip too easily. right? right?

looks good by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2020, 03:07 PM   #93
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

...ooooor maybe it was the bottom shelf paint that was on three for two discount at the local hardware store ;D

And thx, the idea originated from the SMASH hoontrike concept. I had a plan of painting all sorts of figures like this, half n half, spiral etc on different wheels and swap them out as I go through them. Didn`t happen so figured it`d be prudent to conserve at least the spirit of that idea.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2020, 05:30 PM   #94
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

That`s 3/4 rims done, the fourth one needs to be sent for straightening as it`s had a bit of a ding at some point. The tape I used to do the borders left a bit of glue behind on the black but that can easily be wiped off with a squirt of label remover spray, that is after the silver paint has fully cured first.

Oh, and actually did a bit of studying on paints. The silver on the rear rim is alkyd paint which apparently is cheap vegetable oil based, it cures more glossy but takes forever to dry. Whereas the silver I used on the front rims is acryl which seems to be water(and solvent) based. Leaves a bit of a semi gloss finish but boy does it cure quick. Might clearcoat the whole lot once I get the fourth rim back, might not...

This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 01:01 AM   #95
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

The Shite rims look much better here than on the lil phone screen.

Silver paint is usually a dog to work with. Seems super runny and generally just a pita. You did a good job,man.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-28-2020, 02:55 AM   #96
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Thx mate, must say these probly have been the most challenging thing I've ever spraypainted as the bowl shape provides it's own twists to the plot as well cause you have to not only paint in slow bursts but to angle the can so that you create a sort of a spiral inside the rim or else the propellant gas coming from the can hits the rim does a 180 and blows the rest of the paint out of the rim onto your face and creates a rough satin finish inside the rim but once I got the technique down I eventually got them done. There's still crap under the paint in spots, and the electrical tape I used for borders apparently react with the solvents in the paint and shrink a little so the bottom corners lifted up a bit creating a bit of a shadow but since these will most of the time be both full of crap and, well, spinning I'm not gonna lose any sleep over that.

And for the rest of you that likely missed the joke, due to a typo (or was it... ) in a WhatsApp messaging ring these rims have been called, quite befittingly I might add, black and shite checkerboards for a while now

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-29-2020, 05:24 PM   #97
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Not entirely sure what happened here... I debated a long time with myself whether or not to paint the ammo can/battery box but as it was the only green and/or army thing in the whole build I decided it doesn`t fit and gave it a squirt. Etch primer first then wrinkle black on top. What you`re looking at is me putting a third coat of gloss black on top as the wrinkle black paint decided for reasons unknown to me cure light grey. At first I was accusing the etch primer reacting with the wrinkle paint but then remembered these were the exact same paints that were left over from painting the valve cover of my old Benelli Tornado and that came out black as the night. All fixed now but got me way more pissed than it should have.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-31-2020, 04:03 PM   #98
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Well who would have thought this project could ever suffer a setback!

Dropped the front wheels off to a local tire shop for a remount this morning, at about 5pm the guy called me... One of the rims actually collapsed the lip during the process as it was rusted so thin it couldn`t take the pressure, and with the other pair the bead of the tire ruptured. So now with three bum rims (left rear is bent) I`m looking at buying a complete set of BOTH new rims AND tires, another 500 down the gutter feck yea!!!

On a brighter note I found a local metal shop willing to have a go at truing the rear axel for me so need to disassemble the back end next.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-01-2020, 10:37 AM   #99
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

OMG THEY'VE STARTED TO MULTIPLY RUN!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-02-2020, 12:12 PM   #100
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

You're a mad man
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion