Matty`s sunk cost fallacy (Bashan street quad) - Page 8 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty`s sunk cost fallacy (Bashan street quad)

View Poll Results: Which road to take?
Fix`n flip 2 28.57%
Full custom rebuild 2 28.57%
No fucks hoontrike 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-19-2020, 06:11 PM   #71
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:22 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty`s China Street Quad

Small victories today. I now have brake lights at the foot pedal, the fire had melted the old wires and the switch itself seemed a bit iffy so I swapped in a new one cause, you know, perfectly normal to have a couple on standby right? I also finally fitted a petcock, no more fuel spills when faffing about with the carb. I used one meant for a Suzuki PV50 as that was available in shelf at Motonet and it has the res option which I blocked off for now but if I decide to fit an auxiliary tank later it`s good to have the infra fitted already. I also swapped the idle jet back to the unmarked original and oiled&fitted the double layer foam filter. What a sh**show that was, the elbow on the carb is so narrow the oiled (and several times cleaned) boot kept slipping off every time I got the hose clamp nice and tight, finally ended up using a ziptie. Gotta keep an eye on that as I`m kinda expecting it to pop off sooner than later.

More testing tomorrow after I go get more go-juice.

Stupid question: a pushrod engine cannot "jump a tooth" right? Cause if I can`t get the thing running fiddling with the carb I`m all out of ideas.

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #72
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Update: THE QUAD FUCKING WORKS!!! In the end it was just a matter of finding the right combination of settings from the carb and trust me I've tried them all!!! Mixture screw almost closed, clip at top slot, accel pump adjusted for minimum pump and it' still got an ever so slight hesitation at midrange but at least I'm reaching rev limiter now with relative ease. Still got a plethora of electrical gremlins to excorcise but I saved those for the last as I got training for that so shouldn't be too much of a faffle.

These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-23-2020, 06:01 PM   #73
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Getting to the "pleasant problem" point of this build; not a whole lot left to do before the final parts shipment arrives... Fitted and adjusted the fairings, fixed the non working high beam (bent contact prong behind the bulb, was armed to the teeth prepared of an all-nighter, took about two minutes) tried to drill out a snapped bolt, didn`t budged so ended up drilling through and retapping, fitted left side ankle guard, drank a few beers, tucked in some wires, fitted new rear reflectors, adjusted headlight down....

Bit on the fence whether to black out that bullet box or leave it as is (sticks out as the only army colored thing...)

Still to do:

-Front engine mount missing one bolt
-Exhaust joint missing clamp (41-42mm as a reminder for myself)
-Rear brake disc & pads swap when the package comes
-Brake bleed/fluid swap
-Swap out the balljoint on the unpainted front arm
-Swap out remaining front balljoint rubbers and grease joints.
-wheel alignment
-Paint that final front arm and rear hubs
-Finish and paint fog light/indicator brackets
-Bend chain roller arm back to alignment
-Wash&wax
-Pump up tires
-MOT

This user High Fived Mattson!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-24-2020, 12:35 PM   #74
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Wontcha look at what was waiting for me at the garage door! Been waiting for these parts since January!!! Alas no time to do nuffin wiv them tonight but if only I can gonna steal some tinker time next weekend and get 'er done!

These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-24-2020, 12:41 PM   #75
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:22 AM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

weird looking turbo

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-24-2020, 02:12 PM   #76
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Trust me I'd want to, even had some plans for it a while ago... But came into the silent conclusion, that at least at this point in life... I'd never finish it.

Haven't quite decided yet what to do with this one... Might keep it for a while, might list it right away goes if it goes... Been trying to decide what to get next but almost nothing gets my interest going. Been sort of thinking about a VF500 but no good ones near me ATM. Gonna keep one ear to the wind and see what happens once I pass inspection, haven't ridden an ATV much, never a road legal one so who knows might actually like tearing up some country gravel roads for a while, might be the earth shattering 9.6kw turns the yeh into meh before long. We'll see.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-24-2020, 02:17 PM   #77
MikeGyver
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much

Why did you sell the Benelli? I don't recall.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-24-2020, 02:29 PM   #78
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Busted my wrists, super stiff clutch, basically a track missile race ready superbike, absolutely divine going fast, absolutely horrible doing anything else. Plus after everything I had to fix I never developed proper trust on it, never let me on the road but the fear was always there. Need almost ANY parts, only source to get them in Belgium, shipping starting at 25€ and up.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-24-2020, 02:33 PM   #79
MikeGyver

Gotcha. Understandable.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 04:18 PM   #80
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

*sigh* yet another glorious day at china quad land...

Notice a difference? Yea... I did some research and it looks like what several stores sell as a BS200S-7 lower balljoint is actually that of the BS250-11 on which the lower A-arm outer end is completely different. In short this balljoint cannot be fitted onto this A-arm.

...as is...

The arm is junk already, and I`m NOT gonna pay 25eur shipping to get a 20eur refund so... *cracks knuckles* hold my beer and watch this...

This user High Fived Mattson!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion