Cafe/fighter Suzuki Bandit GSF600 - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Cafe/fighter Suzuki Bandit GSF600

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2020, 01:19 PM   #11
Dominicanbandit
NoObie
Noobie
Dominicanbandit's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:55 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dominicanbandit is a NOOB
Default Re: Cafe/fighter Suzuki Bandit GSF600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalyen97 View Post
What head light is that? Itís pretty bad ass.
Thanks its a jeep wrangler headlight 7"
Dominicanbandit is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2020, 08:12 AM   #12
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:55 AM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

With a 954 top clamp, you can drill out the top part and add clamps. Flip it over and you’ll see press marks on it (iirc) and you drill those out for the size of the riser bolts. Use spacers top and bottom and vois las. I’ve done it on at least 3 929’s.

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #13
Dominicanbandit
NoObie
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post
With a 954 top clamp, you can drill out the top part and add clamps. Flip it over and youíll see press marks on it (iirc) and you drill those out for the size of the riser bolts. Use spacers top and bottom and vois las. Iíve done it on at least 3 929ís.
YES! Thanks I've been waiting for this comment!
Dominicanbandit is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Dominicanbandit!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-07-2020, 08:55 PM   #14
Dominicanbandit
NoObie
Noobie

Been bored all this days, my country just prolonged the quarantine for 15 days more

So I tried getting that new header shine again

Took off the exhaust wrap (old and crumbly) & this is what we have underneath

I started off with a 320W grit all the way to 2000W sand paper thinking it was going to be a walk in the park but NO. After some elbow grease I managed to do 2 of the header tubes and still have to do the 1500 and 2000 grit sand paper + de polishing compound

I also had a pair of bar end mirrors and they look sexy

These people High Fived Dominicanbandit!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-30-2020, 08:33 PM   #15
Dominicanbandit
NoObie
Noobie
Talking Re: Cafe/fighter Suzuki Bandit GSF600

Well.. back to the drawing board
a) Didn't like or felt safe with the welds I got the first try
b) It had an uncomfortable seat angle and height
c) the rear end felt incomplete

So here we are back at it, even though COVID-19 is still lingering around...

Took an old R1 front fender and cut it into shape with some brackets to give it a cafe vibe

This is the new seating height

New Ebay tacho, it works surprisingly well for how cheap it is

[url=https://www.customfighters.com/forums/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=58746]

Gotta give props to my builder for making this possible @dom_vic_atelier

More things coming this month
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-15-2020, 11:48 PM   #16
Dominicanbandit
NoObie
Noobie

Update day

First stage of the build is complete, next step is fitting 08-12 R6 rear shock to fix the soggy 20+years old bandit one and fitting the ducati monster seat cowl I got in the email.

Reduced the length of the chain guard
[url=https://www.customfighters.com/forums/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=58774][/u

Made a rear fender (This was a pain to mount) it was fixed to the swingarm with 2 bolts in the lowest part for a clean look, also semi-prepped the new subframe for paint.

This is how she sits right now with the new brake light and everything spray painted just as a mock up.

I got the rear seat cowl and found some real CF 2x2 weave, trying to figure out how to make a mould of the part and make it from scratch in CF

POLL I need to decide what color to go with Spruce Mica metallic green or a really deep and metallic black?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2020, 11:06 AM   #17
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:55 AM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Green!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 929_adam!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2020, 01:16 PM   #18
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:55 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicanbandit View Post

I got the rear seat cowl and found some real CF 2x2 weave, trying to figure out how to make a mould of the part and make it from scratch in CF

:

https://www.customfighters.com/forum...=135952&page=6
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #19
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

As in the thread that Yan linked to, just get stuck in and make a mould. It's not that difficult - it can't be if I can manage it - and there are plenty of tutorial videos on Youtube to help. Just do it, it's fun!
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-19-2020, 01:53 PM   #20
Dominicanbandit
NoObie
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
Thanks! yesterday i made my first attempt but it was a massive fail!

Wax, PVA, Gelcoat then the fiberglass didn't want to stick to the gelcoat, i think mine is too thick even with a considerable amount of Resin it didn't want to soak it up.

Now i have a failed mould and the Ducati cowl stuck to it hahah

Cafe/Fighter Suzuki Bandit 600 '96

https://www.customfighters.com/forum...d.php?t=137818

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes