Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #21
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:45 PM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Quote:
Originally Posted by san View Post
Hi liking your bike I have just sold mine,in some ways wish I had not ,but got two gsxr,s on the go at the moment I was getting 142 bhp out of mine great fun and handling a little over engineered for there time sound great real head turners enjoy and be safe have a look at mine.
I love this bike. The power above 3k seems very linear. Don't care so much about that magic dyno number. It's got far more HP up top than I'll use for a while. I'd probably be happier with a street triple with an sssa... but $$$
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #22
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Did a quick cold compression check

210 across the board, within a few psi.

Theres a bit of oil in 2 of the plug wells... Valve cover gasket is $50 Looks like I'll be buying a tube of yamabond...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 12:53 AM   #23
chaos6
I Piss Excellence.

CF Addict
chaos6's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:45 PM
Flip Offs: 41
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Question...

To help you achieve the stance/tail position that you want: Couldn't you just use a set of lowering links and drop the front end equally in order to give you enough stand over height to play with the tail/subframe angle?

"Make no small plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood."
-Daniel Burnham

'05 Z750s Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=32497

'90 Kawasaki ZR550 Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...18#post1163218
chaos6 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #24
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Never considered lowering it. Not sure how I feel about the idea. I'm coming from an f4i that had very nice handling characteristics. If I make it feel any heavier I'd be pretty disappointed. But I'm almost a total newbie when it comes to synergy between suspension and steering in motorcycles.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 06:46 AM   #25
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 07:45 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahks View Post
Did a quick cold compression check

210 across the board, within a few psi.

Theres a bit of oil in 2 of the plug wells... Valve cover gasket is $50 Looks like I'll be buying a tube of yamabond...
210 - impressive! and now you see why it's important to have a strong battery and why these eat starter clutches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos6 View Post
Question...

To help you achieve the stance/tail position that you want: Couldn't you just use a set of lowering links and drop the front end equally in order to give you enough stand over height to play with the tail/subframe angle?
For a bike with a narrow 3cyl engine and high seat these bikes have disappointingly poor ground clearance from stock even before you start lowering anything. I wouldn't. This situation can be helped by fitting a later exhaust manifold from a 98-00 model. That is to say without the springs on the outside at the mid section like yours has but before the crossover balance pipe was added as then your silencers won't fit. These were tucked in/under more.

The rear linkage design also makes it hard to mess with ride height but you can gain a few mm using a 190/55.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #26
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
210 - impressive! and now you see why it's important to have a strong battery and why these eat starter clutches!
No shit. Made me revisit the owners manual. Calls for 95 ron which equates to 90-91 aki octane here in the states. I put 89 in last fill up

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
For a bike with a narrow 3cyl engine and high seat these bikes have disappointingly poor ground clearance from stock even before you start lowering anything. I wouldn't. This situation can be helped by fitting a later exhaust manifold from a 98-00 model. That is to say without the springs on the outside at the mid section like yours has but before the crossover balance pipe was added as then your silencers won't fit. These were tucked in/under more.

The rear linkage design also makes it hard to mess with ride height but you can gain a few mm using a 190/55.
And I really dig the mechanical look of the midpipe collector with all the springs. Want to TI wrap the header and gloss black (or maybe red or blue to keep some of the British theme going) the springs so they show more on the wrap and shiny pipes
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #27
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

BOOO! The "shifter mod" doesn't fit 955's
http://i.imgur.com/VImH4.jpg
Anyone need/want a sunline shifter for a YZ 85? :p

The only direct shift option I can find besides making my own is a $90+ OE option
http://www.worldoftriumph.com/tpl/images/301364.jpg
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #28
D'Ecosse
Noobie
Local Time: 10:45 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
D'Ecosse is a NOOB

Quote:
No shit. Made me revisit the owners manual. Calls for 95 ron which equates to 90-91 aki octane here in the states. I put 89 in last fill up
95 RON IS 89 (CLC/AKI)
D'Ecosse is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #29
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ecosse View Post
95 RON IS 89 (CLC/AKI)
Slumming it over here?

Everything I can find says MON of modern fuel is between 8-10 less than the RON. Without testing and knowing what effect all the ethanol in our fuel does it's the best I can do :p

(R+M)/2
(95+85)/2=90
(95+87)/2=91

Therefore 95ron fuel should equate to 90/91 here. I expect all I'll see in the real world is a small difference in fuel economy
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #30
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 07:45 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
BOOO! The "shifter mod" doesn't fit 955's
http://i.imgur.com/VImH4.jpg
Anyone need/want a sunline shifter for a YZ 85? :p

The only direct shift option I can find besides making my own is a $90+ OE option
http://www.worldoftriumph.com/tpl/images/301364.jpg
These sadly rarely come up secondhand, as everyone and his dog wants one - the original parts are poor. Is there potential to replace the rose joints?

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes