Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 33 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #321
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:12 PM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

I think so :/ The pivot bolt is mere millimeters from the engine cases there and the plug wouldn't be necessary to protect it from weather if the cases didn't bump out there.

So you think I should probably use the left most spot in the above pic? The line already freely loops around the shock there to sit on the chain guard and it would be the straightest run for the line thru the arm to the caliper. I can chamfer the hole so it's smooth and clean and/or source a grommet.
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Ahks!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2015, 11:55 PM   #322
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Straightest line thru the arm would be nice for fishing your line through, but you'll have to determine if that's a happy place for the line to come from as far as connecting to the mc without possibly kinking the line. Hope that makes sense.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2015, 07:57 AM   #323
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I don't hear any talk of the integrity of the arm in any of this. So then... a hole like this on the top face of the arm isn't going to hurt it any?

I've got a small pile of braided brake lines here from various projects. I'll clean those up and pick the best fit.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #324
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:12 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahks View Post
I don't hear any talk of the integrity of the arm in any of this. So then... a hole like this on the top face of the arm isn't going to hurt it any?
Nah. And yeah, your call on the hole location, putting it on the right would be my choice to keep the amount of hose flapping in the wind to a min, but you say it already is routed to the left for the hugger..... so if it hasn't bothered you so far then that's an option i guess.

Mine is on the right, and the hose was fairly easy to route, it follows the arm well without too much fiddling around (mine was a VFR800 vtec arm though, dunno what yours is like inside!)

Edit: do you have any hose with removable ends? That helps keep the hole small.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #325
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2000ad View Post
Nah. And yeah, your call on the hole location, putting it on the right would be my choice to keep the amount of hose flapping in the wind to a min, but you say it already is routed to the left for the hugger..... so if it hasn't bothered you so far then that's an option i guess.

Mine is on the right, and the hose was fairly easy to route, it follows the arm well without too much fiddling around (mine was a VFR800 vtec arm though, dunno what yours is like inside!)
Maybe I should just pull the hub so I can see into the arm a bit. If a path thru the arm is unobstructed and I have some line that has the correct angle ends, then I'd like to have as little hose outside as possible. Just for cleanliness.

Quote:
Edit: do you have any hose with removable ends? That helps keep the hole small.
I don't think so. I thought about making my own but I really need to stop piddling cash into the bike at the moment :/ If I end up not having any brake lines that will work for the "thru the arm" project I'll skip it for now and just zip tie the speed sensor to the brake line :shrug:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2015, 01:55 AM   #326
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Made a hole bigger and stuffed brake line and wires in it...

Drilled a hole... pulled brake lines and wires out

Also pressure washed a bunch of the grime off the bike... Accidentally knocked a bunch of the plastidip off random bits so I went ahead and just stripped the wheels of the stuff :p So I'll be rockin 2 different color wheels for the foreseeable future.

More stuff to do. The wife is getting annoyed that I'm spending too much time in the garage so if I want this thing usable BEFORE she turns nasty about it... I'm probably gonna have to really bust my ass
These people High Fived Ahks!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2015, 03:49 AM   #327
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:12 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

I can't believe you managed to do that with the arm in place! I thought you were going to take the arm off, i should have known when you said "maybe i should pull the hub?". Actually impressed, but now you are going to have metal swarf in the arm, just knowing that would annoy me!

Also: plastidick is crap.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2015, 04:52 AM   #328
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:12 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Ha, another familiar face! Gonna put this away for later reading! U got a thread @ rat? Cause I've totally missed it if you do.
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2015, 08:51 AM   #329
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
but now you are going to have metal swarf in the arm, just knowing that would annoy me!
Shh. I'm trying to ignore that. Whenever I get around to really coating the frame and arm, I'll clean it out :p So maybe almost never...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Ha, another familiar face! Gonna put this away for later reading! U got a thread @ rat? Cause I've totally missed it if you do.
Welcome to the dark side No, I never started a thread on trat. Didn't really care to double the work. Also, the "fabrication" I do is far enough from a factory finish that I don't think it would be well received over there. :p I do have a link to this thread in my siggy over there tho.
This user High Fived Ahks!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2015, 09:36 AM   #330
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:12 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I hear you, they don't seem to be that much into heavier modding... gotta do little digging later tonight and see what I'll find around here
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes