Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 38 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 03:14 PM   #371
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:41 PM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Ready for a wordy as fuck wall of text? Too bad

After having the most stressful 6 months of my life (due to work), some therapy, and some meds, I got rid of 2 bikes, trashed some shit that was taking up space in the garage, upgraded the lighting of the garage, and found my Triumph sitting in the corner.

(Ignore the roll of tape on the peg and the wires poking out in random places)

Those 2 bikes (the 84 CB650 a few saw at a MWFF several years ago, and a 76 XL250 that was in about 50 pieces) went to a close friend who has wanted a bike since I got my first. The 650 was gifted to me from my dad, so I gifted it to my friend. The 250 was essentially worthless to me in it's current condition so he loaded the boxes of it when he picked up the 650

He pretty much immediately got the 650 sorted and on the road, proving how much of a lazy fuck I am, and motivated me to work on the triple.

And here we are. I've actually been working on it a little bit at a time for a few weeks now.

In taking stock of the project again I realized I was missing a few US market motorcycle manufactures (bike already has handlebars off a KTM dirt bike, front suspension and brake master from Suzuki, throttle tube from a Yamaha, rear master from a Kawasaki, and a headlight from a Harley (maybe a knockoff?). What am I forgetting...
So to fill spots from missing manufacturers...
  • bought a damaged front fender off a 09-12 s1000rr and chopped it up to fit the gen 1 boosa forks (sheet metal shears work great on ABS)
  • bought a brake/tail light off a 2012+ CBR600rr (bright as fuck OEM LED). This thing is MINT and was dirt cheap
  • bought turn signals from '16 Aprilia RSV4 RF. From TX and pretty sure these are flood damage based on the thin layer of dried mud inside the housing under the reflectors. Not worried about it tho. They were dirt cheap and are cleaning up fine. Replacing the wires too so I don't have to deal with hidden corrosion if it was in a flood.
In addition to the purchases above, I got some new magnets for the speed sensor which I relocated to the rear wheel and routed the wiring for through the swingarm with the rear brake line.

Have some grommets inbound too for those holes in the swingarm. The brake line already shows a touch of wear, so need to protect those from the moving arm.

Also have a stock rear subfame on it's way. <$50 to my door and may make it so I can revert some components to stock-ish so I can ride.

And last night I started de-spaghettifying the wiring harness, with the help of a friend, and replacing a few connectors that have been damaged from careless storage. Thankfully I bought a spare wiring harness years back and can use it as a guide.

From the last post, and modified for the work I've done recently the current To Do list:
Quote:
Front end
[] caliper bolt spacers to move the calipers 2.5mm inboard
[] fork height
[] fork oil
[] Need the bars 15mm higher to clear the fork adjusters
[] Mod fender
[..] Fab up some simple fender brackets
[..] Turn Signals

Rear end
[] speed sensor
[..] Seat
[..] Battery/ecu tray
[..] Tail light
[..] Turn signals
[..] Plate hanger

Wiring
[..] de-spaghettify
[..] label
[..] re-wrap

Other
[..] Coolant reservoir
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Ahks!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 03:39 PM   #372
eegeland
Fighter In Training
eegeland's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
eegeland is a good noobieeegeland is a good noobie

That looks freaking awesome! What kind of tail plastic is that can can you send a pic of the bike from ass to front so I can see width of tail??

Digging the flat black too. I been thinking about that for mine.
eegeland is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 03:40 PM   #373
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:41 AM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Welcome back!

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MikeGyver!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 04:22 PM   #374
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegeland View Post
That looks freaking awesome! What kind of tail plastic is that can can you send a pic of the bike from ass to front so I can see width of tail??

Thanks. It's a bit of an inspiration/motivational mockup to keep it on my mind. That shot has no tail plastics. It a Ducati Monster 696 seat just sitting on a very hacked to death stock Triumph subframe. I can take it off and throw it next to a tape measure for you

It used to have plastidip white wheels for some contrast. I liked that contrast... I hated how dirty they got instantly. Gloss white next time... or maybe I'll change things up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
Welcome back!

Thanks Mike It's good to be back. I miss this fucking bike and the creativity of this community. That 996 of yours looks like a fun project
This user High Fived Ahks!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 04:28 PM   #375
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I usually hate blacked out bikes but man that looks slick.

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 04:49 PM   #376
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
I usually hate blacked out bikes but man that looks slick.

Same... For me I think it's the contrast of the forks the stance.

I have something in mind based on the color scheme of some newer Speed Triples... But I'm not going to worry about aesthetics quite yet.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 05:17 PM   #377
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:41 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegeland View Post

monster seats work on near everything, loads of us have used them
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 05:21 PM   #378
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:41 PM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

*stores in the think bank for future use*

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 06:02 PM   #379
eegeland
Fighter In Training

[QUOTE=Ahks;3150838]It a Ducati Monster 696 seat just sitting on a very hacked to death stock Triumph subframe. I can take it off and throw it next to a tape measure for you

No shit! thats the actual whole seat? yeah a tape measure would rock. Mainly interested in width. Thanks man!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-25-2020, 06:06 PM   #380
eegeland
Fighter In Training

Interesting! I actually am looking for a less wide tail section that will work with the stock seat on my 04 ZX10R. I love the seat but the tail looks SUPER wide with no front fairings.

Suggestions PLEASE

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes