Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #31
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:58 PM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

New OE for nearly the same coin. Don't know if anything else fits. I'm tempted to see if a welder could chop and weld this sunline shifter to fit.

Cut to about here may fit...

Wow thats dirty...
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #32
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 08:58 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

It's a cast piece, which is notoriously difficult to weld decently.

Can you find anything similar in steel?

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #33
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Moose Racing does have a steel shifter for the YZ... and I know it fits the splines on my shifter shaft

Emailed them to see if they can provide additional information

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #34
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Just to help me keep track of the project

ToDo List
drill triple for risers
direct shift shifter (moose racing?)
5/8" front master (98 cbr900 for example)
1/2" rear master (zxr750 for example)
Axles spacers:
Right side - 25.05 mm ID x 35mm OD x 28mm long
Left Side - 1mm longer than stock left side spacer
Rare earth magnets
Maybe throttle/clutch/brake lines
Headlight (have an idea for this, need to get it on paper)
check valve clearances
clean this dirty fucker
Paint...
reassemble bike
ride bike with smile on face
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #35
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Interested how you're gonna drill that top yoke with the gullwing angle of it.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #36
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

I am too.

The 2 things that went thru my head were carbide bur in my drill press or a flat grinder in my dremel. I don't want to take too much material off, just enough for there to be a flat surface.

The risers I'm using.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #37
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict

I think you're going to have a real hard time doing it and keeping enough strength. I'd go as far as to say it won't work. If it would work, then there'd be far more Speedtonas out there with drilled yokes, and used Speed triple yokes would change hand much cheaper.

Can you chamfer the bottom of the riser to match? Gonna still need to make the bottom flat where they bolt.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #38
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Great idea... I should have thought of it. :P

I was and am planning on making plates to spread the load on the underside of the triple as well.

Sent from my MB860 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #39
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Fixated on paint planning today. Solid white feels so cheap.
I found this a while ago

I could get see if it's the type of thing a vinyl shop could print out so I can use it as a racing stripe, pin stripe or edge detail for the bikini/tank/tail

That still leaves alot of white. The wheels CAN'T be a solid white if the majority of the bike is white.

Frame, swinger and a few other bits will be black. I don't want black wheels.

I was thinking this idea

Use a light blue and light red on the inside of the spokes?

That still leaves ALOT of white.
Is it too much white?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #40
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Hey look! I fucked up!

Quote:
[11:24 PM] Ahks: :shrug: what ya gonna do
[11:20 PM] Ahks: No... measurements were spot on. just realized I royally fucked how much space would be between the risers... after I drilled the first hole
[11:15 PM] sidewayz: you measure wrong?
[11:13 PM] Ahks: Yeah... I almost threw the triple across the basement when I realized I fucked up /o\
[11:09 PM] sidewayz: lol. fill it and move on.
[11:01 PM] Ahks: shoudl I just call it weight reduction? :p
[10:55 PM] Ahks: What? Me? Noooo.... yes
[10:35 PM] sidewayz: was this someone you? lol
[10:22 PM] Ahks: cosmetic and of course a weak spot on the triple now...
[10:21 PM] Ahks: so if someone fucked up and drilled a hole in the wrong place on their triple... would JB be a good patch if it was just cosmetic?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes