Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 9 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #81
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:47 PM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

And fail... It looks like the bearing is spinning freely but is fused to the shaft so it can spin pretty easily... but wont move a hair laterally.

I really hammered the fuck out of it too. Dead blow, framing hammer, it doesn't matter.

Gonna put it on the back burner for now, soak it in deep creep every day, and move on to something else. Got plenty to do before I absolutely need it apart.

Got more bits in the mail today too \o/

Chain actually weighs close to that of the 530, but the sprockets are WAY lighter.
I can't believe this fucker got to me so fast either...
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #82
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Cool, I did the same on my cbr. Mainly because the bulbs burned through but it also gives a cool blue white light.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #83
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Finally...

Unholy corrosion...

I did score a replacement spindle with left and right side bolts for a VERY excellent price. But there's a sleeve inside the swinger that the spindle slides into and the corrosion is pretty obvious. As well as in that needle bearing race

I'm thinking go a little nuts with a metal pipe cleaner chucked into a drill? Or a very small flap wheel if they make them... Score it down to bare metal and make sure it's thoroughly lubed? The needle bearings themselves appear to be functional and once I rinse the debris out they should be just fine to repack.

Cleaned up the swinger too.

Gonna spend a week sanding it... by hand...

And then the frame...
Then the wheels...
Then paint...
Then? THEN!? Reassembly!

Right, somewhere in there I have to buy some gaskets and clean up the engine. But realistically that doesn't need to happen till later :p
This user High Fived Ahks!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #84
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Any idea how much material I can take off these casting marks without degrading the arm?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #85
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Test fitted the new front wheel...

Pretty cool seeing new parts go on.

Discovered a PO installed new brake pads on, get this, one caliper
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #86
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

it could be that one side of the brakes wasnt working properly.

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #87
rubbersdown
sickboy
CF Pimp
rubbersdown's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:47 AM
Flip Offs: 37
Flipped Off 45 Times in 29 Posts
rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!rubbersdown is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Those are just casting marks from the sand mold, should be able to take them down flush with the rest of the arm with no problems.

"Sex addicts are just guys who are telling the truth." - Rodney Ruxin
rubbersdown is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #88
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piester View Post
it could be that one side of the brakes wasnt working properly.
The new ones are still shiney :p Used as shit, dark, grubby rear and front left. I did make sure the pistons in the calipers moved freely as well. Didn't seem to have any drag the few weeks it was on the road either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersdown View Post
Those are just casting marks from the sand mold, should be able to take them down flush with the rest of the arm with no problems.
\o/ I suspected that. Thanks
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #89
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Started on headlight mounts.

I suck at this shit :p They aren't going to look pretty...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #90
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Do yourself a favour and put at least a bit of old inner tube to protect the chrome.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes