Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Tardy XT500-- Talk about it

14K views 51 replies 18 participants last post by  NeverEnough 
#1 ·
Talk away fellow fighters!

#34 ·
JP Cycle in Lisbon is supposed to be good. My buddy had them do quite a bit of work on his Yamaha. Their prices are dirt cheap as well. There is also a guy around the corner from my house that does engine work out of his garage. He's supposed to be good but right now he's swamped with work.

#35 ·
hmmm ok I'll look into the JP one....

I'm still not sure about boring it though... I'd really like trust my own measuring and skills and just hone it and put in a new piston and rings........ but then again a mess up on my part because I don't have "state of the art" equipment would really suck...

#37 ·
Oh no, I have no problems honing a cylinder I've done that before.... I just am not 100% on the cylinder as far as if it has an oval/irregular/shape that I didn't find with calipers and a piston and feeler gauge...

My thought is it would TOTALLY SUCK to rebuild the motor and then find out that something is wrong, and have ordered a 170dollar piston that no longer does me anygood because I need an upbore. That is what I'm unsure about...

#39 ·
Yeah kinda sucks.... owell...

But I really think I could get away just fine with the stock bore with just a hone.... I mean I had the motor running before and even rode it around the yard... though smokey it was.
Upboring I'm sure would be the smart thing to do....

#41 ·
ha, I actually entered in four bikes! lol... the other two are sitting... I decided the best way for me to do it would be to build two at a time.....
And thanks for the compliment man, I am putting my heart and soul into this stuff... hoping someday I can make a living out of it somehow someway...

#50 ·
Thankya thankya sir! I'm pretty excited about this one..... It will be a mad rush getting it done in time, I will work on it every chance I get!

Just went to the bike shop today and picked up a bunch of parts...... Now it is time to jump out to the garage and DW!

#51 ·
For my future referances, what kind of electronics are you running on this thing?

PRETTY friggin close to what Im wanting to be honest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.