Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Ninja 500 Stem Dimensions

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ShortyzKustomz 
#1 ·
Been searching all around and can't seem to find it anywhere... anyone know where I can find the specs for the steering stem for a ninja 500. Mainly concerned on length.. All Balls shows the correct diameters, just trying to see if I will be able to get away with a bearing conversion or if I need to start looking at a place to get this stem pressed out...And getting a bushing made

#3 ·
k, im gonna be a noob for a minute, silverbullet, you say get the triples and start from there? How is that the easiest way to start? is it because youll have the trees there with the old trees to see the difference, if any to make his swap work?
Reason im chiming in is i also have a build that will be seeking a different set of forks/triples. its all kawasaki parts...

#6 ·
I actually just went ahead and picked up the front end. Figured I could make it work one way or another... After some measuring and figuring, I decided that I didnt want to play with spacers and conversion bearings... So I attempted my own stem swap and it worked out perfect :rock:

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35763

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.