2nd gen sv1000 - 2008 gsxr swingarm - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps

Swingarm Swaps Swingarm and Rear End Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 2nd gen sv1000 - 2008 gsxr swingarm

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2015, 05:25 PM   #1
TheMoose
Fighter
TheMoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:27 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
TheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of light
Default 2nd gen sv1000 - 2008 gsxr swingarm

Ok I have been thinking of a fighter I want to do down the road... I want like a bobed 08 sv1000 but not a fan of rectangular swing arm. I would love to use a gsxr 1000 from a like a 08.... You can get a aluminum hugger for those swing arms that would (to me) look wicked with a sheet metal seat.
Close to the seat on this sv (a bike I drool over slot)
Can it be done? I understand I would have to come up with a custom work for the shock but can the swing arm it self be used with custom bushings and sprocket spacers?
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #2
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:27 AM
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: 2nd gen sv1000 - 2008 gsxr swingarm

Not sure about the '08 Gsxr in particular but isn't the Sv's shock offset to the left for rear exhaust header clearance? You'd need to find an arm with a similarly offset rear shock, I would think. That's you biggest hurdle, IMO.

Later, Doug

74 Kawasaki H1-500 Project
76 Kawasaki Kz900 'Strip-fighter Project
77 Kawasaki Kz1000
78 Kawasaki Kz1000 Project
'80 Cx500 Cafe/Brat Project
83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted) Project
Streetfighterkz is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #3
TheMoose
Fighter
TheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of lightTheMoose is a glorious beacon of light

Well that would mean cutting and centering the upper shock mount in the frame... I have seen much more intense fabrication on here so I feel it's within reason.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2015, 07:38 PM   #4
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Well that would mean cutting and centering the upper shock mount in the frame...

Right, but still doesn't solve the exhaust and shock occupying the same space dilemma. And I was wrong the shock is offset to the right, not the left.

Later, Doug

77 Kawasaki Kz1000
Streetfighterkz is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2015, 07:46 PM   #5
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp

This shows the exhaust port snd shock mount relationship better.

Later, Doug

77 Kawasaki Kz1000
This user High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2015, 08:00 PM   #6
TheMoose
Fighter

Lol I'm constantly boned. Maybe I could weld a brace and build my own hugger.. Hmmm. I want to do a belly exhaust like on a rc8 on this so I would need the exhaust clearance.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-25-2015, 08:08 PM   #7
TheMoose
Fighter

There's always a rc51 swingarm
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 02:05 AM   #8
hrdy
Noobie
CF Pimp
hrdy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:27 PM
Flipped Off 22 Times in 14 Posts
hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

how bout rsv4? the shock offset to the right + it had space for exhaust pipe

hrdy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived hrdy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 02:22 AM   #9
TheMoose
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdy View Post
how bout rsv4? the shock offset to the right + it had space for exhaust pipe

Oh I like that idea too! Is it under 235mm?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-27-2015, 12:16 AM   #10
hrdy
Noobie
CF Pimp
hrdy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:27 PM
Flipped Off 22 Times in 14 Posts
hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!hrdy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

^probably more than 250mm
hrdy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps