Bringing Zed back from the dead - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Bringing Zed back from the dead

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #1
Mojo_919
Honky
Noobie
Mojo_919's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:00 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mojo_919 is a NOOB
Default Bringing Zed back from the dead

Hello all ,As you all can see I'm new here but certainly not new to motorcycles .I was lucky enough to have a father that owned a bike shop when I was younger.But what I am taking on is one of my favorite bikes of all times the "original ninja" I know there were some before 94 but I think this was the first real true sportbike. She's a big portly gurl with lots of bulky bits that I will be doing my best to slim down. and give her a little more soul in her gut as I'm contemplating doing a turbo build. if not it will be a simple punch out to 950 cc with some other mods like cams and carbs.I have only had her for about 2 weeks so far and already got her stripped down and motor pulled apart for inspection.I found out at this point why I got it so cheap!! Upon pulling the side cover I found some nice big chunks of aluminium falling out on the floor.THis turned out to be the oil pump chain tensioner.Luckily I think it just locked the motor up and didn't let it run long enough to burn anything. But I guess that's why i was able to buy it for 250 bucks. So I will do my best to document the build as it will hopefully progress rather quickly.I would like to have this done this summer.So without further ado some pics for your viewing pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180703_205641.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	101796   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180706_141044.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	101798   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180708_112934.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	101800   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180708_113044.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	101802   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180709_171727.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	101804  

Life's not to short, It's just your dead for so long!!!
Mojo_919 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mojo_919!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-19-2018, 12:29 PM   #2
Mojo_919
Honky
Noobie
Mojo_919 is a NOOB
Default Re: Bringing Zed back from the dead

ANd here she is as of today,I will be cutting the sub frame and start getting the basic shape of the tail down today.I plan on building my own after to many hours of searching for a swap.Did anyone notice the death trap rear swing? look closely.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180715_145221.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	796.7 KB
ID:	101806  

This user High Fived Mojo_919!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-19-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:00 AM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Good stuff for sure , At least you got it for a steal. The older 9s are so much more bulky than the 2000 I have,it will be good to strip it of all the extra baggage.Subbed here

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-19-2018, 09:05 PM   #4
Mojo_919
Honky
Noobie
Mojo_919 is a NOOB

yes she will be on a rather strict diet. if it's not needed to run it goes in the bin.I probably will be doing a swing install to a later model possibly a 10r as this one has been cut and welded (rather shably at that) I did get the tail cut off and some wire bent up to give me some idea of what to go for. Wanting the tail to be big enough to hold the battery.but post them pics up here in a few just got home and time to unwind for a few then a safety meeting and back to work on her.

This user High Fived Mojo_919!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2018, 10:39 AM   #5
Mojo_919
Honky
Noobie
Mojo_919 is a NOOB

Well sorry for the lack of an update but kinda dropped my other bike few days ago.I got some decent road rash which is making it difficult to get anything done. I did get the sub frame gut and started on a foam mold for the tail.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2018, 10:44 AM   #6
Mojo_919
Honky
Noobie
Mojo_919 is a NOOB

quick mock up ,but I actually changed the design all together when I started forming the foam.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20180719_145957.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	854.3 KB
ID:	101842   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180719_232757.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	888.0 KB
ID:	101844  

These people High Fived Mojo_919!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2018, 03:07 PM   #7
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Name:  original ninja.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  79.4 KB

The original Ninja winning the 1984 production TT. It was Kawasaki USA in California who first used the name, they liked it so much in Kobe that they've run with it ever since
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #8
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

really interested to see what this turns out like.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes