Seven.sixtwo's '94 CBR600 fighter - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Seven.sixtwo's '94 CBR600 fighter

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #21
sevenpointsixtwo
Recent Transplant
CF Pimp
sevenpointsixtwo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:53 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 7 Times in 7 Posts
sevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of light
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Seven.sixtwo's '94 CBR600 fighter

Something else funny about my bike... while taking the seat back off and checking the wires coming from the battery box, I find an switch... I think, maybe a kill switch to cut off the battery? I try it, not expecting anything to happen... and hidden LED strobes start blinking away on the sides of the bike. WTF? I don't know why the PO would put what looks like life-vest locator strobes on the sides of the bike, but I'm sure I can come up with something creative and illigal to do with them.

The PO was really weird, judging solely by the bike.

2006 SV1000S Project Thread
sevenpointsixtwo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #22
dogbreath
Function IS Form
dogbreath's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 27
Flipped Off 329 Times in 225 Posts
dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Head Turner Award 

Well that is pretty weird. Strobe lights? Sort of like the underbody LEDs on some of these choppers and showbikes.

Dedication > Guts > Money > Luck > Talent
dogbreath is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2007, 10:36 PM   #23
mrbodydrop
Fighterer
Local Time: 01:53 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 21 Times in 21 Posts
mrbodydrop is a good noobiemrbodydrop is a good noobie

hmm, that's weird cuz my '94 wouldn't run without them.
mrbodydrop is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2007, 02:30 AM   #24
sevenpointsixtwo
Recent Transplant
CF Pimp
sevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of light

Midweek update-
Got all the wiring cut, extended, and tucked under the tank. hopefully it's not too close to the block and melts. might wrap a heatshield around it or something. I put some un-shunk heatshrink wrap around the closest section so I can check back after riding a bit and see how hot it gets.

Anyway, mostly wiring got done, adjusted the clipons to be more straight across, cos I'm too cheap for MX bars. Installed the trailtech gauge, but still have to wire it up. Moved the ignition key to the side of the frame.

Couple pics till next time:

sevenpointsixtwo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2007, 02:33 AM   #25
dogbreath
Function IS Form
dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!dogbreath is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Startin to look reeeal good man!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2007, 02:39 AM   #26
sevenpointsixtwo
Recent Transplant
CF Pimp

Thanks! I'm likin' it so far. That gauge is going to get velcro'd to the top clamp now that the ignition is gone too.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2007, 02:44 AM   #27
dogbreath
Function IS Form

Make sure you use some kind of safety strap (ziptie), velcro is kind of unreliable for gauges. Trust me on this one man, I'm speaking from experience

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2007, 03:11 AM   #28
DoDriven
Fighter
Local Time: 01:53 PM
DoDriven is a good noobieDoDriven is a good noobie
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - 2nd Place 

What did you use to secure the headight bracket to the forks (the hose clamp looking things)?
DoDriven is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2007, 03:17 AM   #29
dogbreath
Function IS Form

Those are conduit clamps, roadsterd, I used them too. They're pretty good, they have some flaws but they work out alright if you mess with them a bit.

Hardware store electrical section

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2007, 03:29 AM   #30
sanitys
Hawk GT's are Cool
CF Addict
sanitys's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:53 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
sanitys is well likedsanitys is well likedsanitys is well likedsanitys is well likedsanitys is well likedsanitys is well liked

bike is looking really good man, really digging your igntion
sanitys is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes